Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
info on PVI module for EInk display — Parallax Forums

info on PVI module for EInk display

nicolad76nicolad76 Posts: 164
edited 2008-04-06 21:29 in Propeller 1
Ehi..I have gotten a EInk display from Prime View. It comes with e modul that drives the display.
Has anyone of you ever run across one of this display?

I am attempting to write the driver but·even though the module reply to my queries, there is nothing to do when it comes to display images.

Any info on existing drivers???

Thanks
Nicola

·

Comments

• stevenmess2004stevenmess2004 Posts: 1,102
    edited 2008-04-06 20:50
    I don't think that there are any drivers for this display. However, if you have the protocol that the module uses than we may be able to help. Is it serial or something else?
  • nicolad76nicolad76 Posts: 164
    edited 2008-04-06 21:29
    It is parallel with handshake.
    The problem I am having is on the transmission of data. Basically there are commands with parameters and commands without.
    When I send a command without params, I receive a reply so it works.
    when I senda command with params, the bus rises and error. I guess I am doing it the wrong way but the small doc I have is not telling much.

Documet states that H_CD has to be high when sending command and low when sending data.
    Since I have implemented the function to send a command, I reuse the same to send the parameters right after the command has been acknowledged. Unfortunately I cannot publish it since PVI sent it to me without authorization to publish it but i guess nothing wrong to send it by email [noparse]:)[/noparse] .. right???? [noparse]:)[/noparse] [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I think that by reusing the same WRITE function (which re-init the values of all lines for writing) I reset the previous command. It would explain why commands without params work.
    How does usually work in other devices?
    I am quite new to this area......

Thx!!!