Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A Piece of Propeller History — Parallax Forums

A Piece of Propeller History

Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
edited 2008-03-30 06:49 in Propeller 1
Working on my Propeller workshop presentation, looking over my pics through the years.

On a 2001 visit to Parallax, I met Chip and he was telling me about his project of a processor that would help break dependence on the PC for programming, and was developing the logic for some video output it was going to have. Not having much of a background in video generation, I just nodded my head trying to look like I followed what he was talking about [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Attached is a pic of Chip hard at work on the video logic of what we've come to know and enjoy. Note the can of air nearby to test the temperature effects I believe.

I have one of Ken Gracey cutting some metal for this robot he was exciting about... Don't know if it ever came to much [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Ah well, back to work....

-Martin

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
SelmaWare Solutions - StampPlot GUI for controllers, XBee and Propeller Application Boards

Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Electronic Systems Technologies

American Technical Educator's Assoc. Conference·- April, Biloxi, MS. -- PROPELLER WORKSHOP!
640 x 480 - 49K

Comments

• stevenmess2004stevenmess2004 Posts: 1,102
    edited 2008-03-30 04:29
    We should have a thread like this to keep propeller history in. I would love to see some other pictures if people have them.
  • Beanie2kBeanie2k Posts: 83
    edited 2008-03-30 06:49
    Gee and here I always thought Chip looked like Fozzie Bear. I'm crushed. lol.gif