Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller meets MATLAB — Parallax Forums

Propeller meets MATLAB

chazbrazilchazbrazil Posts: 27
edited 2008-03-28 00:38 in Propeller 1
I am trying to send information serially from MATLAB to the Propeller. I have imported the BS2Function library for the propeller, and have been trying to use the SERIN_STR function. So far, I have been unable to do a successful read, even though the RX LED on the Prop Plug has been flashing whenever I try to write. I will post my source code whenever I get a chance, but any ideas and/or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DynamoBenDynamoBen Posts: 366
    edited 2008-03-27 17:56
    If you are willing to use spin I would use the FullDuplexSerial object. Its easy to use and fast you might have more success.
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-03-28 00:38
    We can be more useful if you post the source soon.

So you are sending strings from Matlab?

First I would recommend building your program up in small building blocks.· You can use the Basic Stamp functions you mentioned, but I second DynamoBen's recommendation to use FullDuplexSerial.· Create a simple program that reads data from the serial port and sends it back.· Use Hyperterminal or similar to test this program.· From there move into testing strings and then finally testing with Matlab.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter

www.brilldea.com·- check out the uOLED-IOC, an I/O expansion for the uOLED-96-PROP
    www.tdswieter.com
    One little spark of imagination is all it takes for an idea to explode