Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IDE 1.0 & 1.06 Cannot Copy to Clipboard msg — Parallax Forums

IDE 1.0 & 1.06 Cannot Copy to Clipboard msg

WurlitzerWurlitzer Posts: 237
edited 2008-04-05 14:00 in Propeller 1
I searched the forum but did not get any hits on this.
·
Every so often, I will be attempting to copy code from a .spin file and I get·a "Propeller Tool Cannot Copy to Clipboard" error message.
·
If I close the IDE and open it again, I usually can get one successful copy but then the message comes back on the next Cntrl-C attempt.
·
I am running WinXP and the copy function works as expected for all other applications.
·
Both versions of the IDE shown in the subject have exhibited this problem.

·

Comments

• edited 2008-03-25 19:39
    Do you have a remote desktop session open? The IDE does this to me once and a while whenever I have an RDC session·open.

-Dan
  • WurlitzerWurlitzer Posts: 237
    edited 2008-03-25 20:32
    No, I do not have remote desktop nor any other application open when this occurs.

Thanks
  • tekochiptekochip Posts: 56
    edited 2008-03-26 15:05
    ·I've seen this too, but it happens rarely and I haven't found what triggers it. I think it might be related to viewing multiple spin documents at once, but it's a bug I can't repeat.·
  • Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 757
    edited 2008-03-26 19:20
    We've also seen this (rarely) and seems to coincide with heavy memory usage on our system. We have not been able to duplicate it enough to determine why we are getting that error and other applications are not.

Anyone able to duplicate it reliably?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
  • WurlitzerWurlitzer Posts: 237
    edited 2008-04-05 14:00
    Sorry for not responding sooner Jeff, I have loaded up a bunch of programs, MsOutlook, Adobe, Excel, Word, Gear, even a couple of Internet connections and cannot seem to force this issue. About the only constant multiple programs would be the Prop Manual PFD file and of course the Prop IDE. I always have those 2 open.

I have never had an instance of this problem with another application but as it is so intermittent who knows?

Like many things MicroSoft, REBOOT seems to cure many ills and·a reboot·does allow me to start copying from the Prop IDE code window.