Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help!!! i cannot figure out how to create my engine for my game — Parallax Forums

Help!!! i cannot figure out how to create my engine for my game

Rose_syrlonRose_syrlon Posts: 1
edited 2008-03-20 04:21 in Propeller 1
ya exactly how it sounds i cannot· figure out for the life of me how to create my engine for my game, is there anybody who can help me please write back with tips for the engine as well as some tips for making the game i am making an over the top view RPG kinda like LOZ

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2008-03-19 20:37
    Rose_syrlon,

You are going to need to provide much more information to get the results that you are looking for... Most people are not going to have any clue what LOZ is.
    A Google search for "RPG LOZ game" turns up hits on the "Legend Of Zelda" ... and I still have no clue how to associate that with your question.·

Please be more specific.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2008-03-20 00:29
    Rose,

Also, you are going to need a couple game dev books cover to cover, and prepare for at least 1-2 years of dev if you want to tackle something like LOZ as a newbie. Even the best programmers on here with 20+ years of experience in games spend months just making a retro arcade clone. Thus, you might be too ambituous. You might want to start with something simpler you can finish in a couple weeks, then something that takes a couple months and so forth.

And 1st off make sure you read the HYDRA book cover to cover to give you perspective on game coding on the system.

Andre'
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-03-20 04:21
    The Hydra book is the reference I recommend. Read it. Study it. Read it again. Make sure you load and work every example. I have used the Hydra book many times as a reference when I have worked on a couple graphics related projects, both Propeller and other system based.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter

www.brilldea.com·- check out the uOLED-IOC, an I/O expansion for the uOLED-96-PROP
    www.tdswieter.com
    One little spark of imagination is all it takes for an idea to explode