Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Sumobot competition code — Parallax Forums

Sumobot competition code

PennOPennO Posts: 1
edited 2008-05-18 19:01 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello my name is Brian I am new to programming. I have a Basic stamp2 and I am trying to build a program with
two line sensors and 4 ir sensors, right front ,left front, right side, and left side. I am trying to build a competition program that will beat my very experienced teacher. Is there anyone out there who might be willing to share one of their competion codes.

Thanks
Brian

Comments

• BrennalynBrennalyn Posts: 1
    edited 2008-04-19 01:56
    Did anyone ever give you any codes for this? I'm doing a similar competition and could really use the help. Actually it would even help if someone could tell me the setup for the board of education using the sensors board. While moving the robot one of the resistors came out and I don't know where it belongs!
  • ValeforeValefore Posts: 4
    edited 2008-04-21 06:16
    Hahahaha, wow, I think it sounds like your all here for U of Idaho Boe-Bot competition... I smell cheaters... This is low, if this is really what your here for. You'd be better off attempting it yourself and learning how it works. I hope no one replies to this.

Post Edited (Valefore) : 4/21/2008 6:21:16 AM GMT
  • OranjiOranji Posts: 1
    edited 2008-04-21 22:47
    You know, with only a basic understanding of BASIC, I've created a fully operational hunting bot in about a weeks worth of programming (Limited to school schedule), and it's really not that hard. BASIC is just what the name implies... basic. What you should do first, is come up with a plan of some kind on how you want your bot to act. For example, something I see happening often at our local competition at Southridge High, the bots usually move either forward till they hit the white line, or spin in place first. So we, my team, tried to come up with a plan that countered that. Currently, the plan works half the time(depends on which side of the opponent we start on). If you really don't have it, then I'll show you how to make the IR Sensors and Line Sensors work, but even though that's the most complicated thing you'll deal with, it's not that hard either.
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2008-05-18 19:01
    What's fun about robotics is learning how to make your robot better than everyone else's, not copying a code someone gives you. Try expiramenting with different programs, try competing with your friends robots, and eventually you will come out with a robot better than all the others. If you use someone's code instead of your own, you will find robotics will soon get boring, because you are not really doing anything interesting. So, my advise would be to make it yourself, and if it doesn't work, oh well, at least you made it yourself.

If you want advise, this forum is perfect. Just make your code first, and ask on how to make it better. If you·need help·starting, just email me and I will be glad to help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Pi Guy

Post Edited (I LIKE PI) : 5/18/2008 7:08:15 PM GMT