Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how to substitute vga.spin with tv.spin — Parallax Forums

how to substitute vga.spin with tv.spin

propelleruser999propelleruser999 Posts: 39
edited 2008-03-17 00:55 in Propeller 1
most of the demos in the propeller manual use TV as output. Beside a 37" TV (yes i still have an old 27", but thats still too bulky for my workplace) have no other, and i dont want to move it to my computer room.

so, what i got so far, is , i can replace tv_text.spin with vga_text and also pc_text ( just changing the start pin from 12 to 16).

replacing tv.spin with vga.spin is not possible, because the pointer structures are different. so you just can not replace them.

may be i am wrong , but may be someone has already written a
interface converter from vga.spin to tv.spin, that would allow the use of graphics.spin written for tv.spin.

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-03-16 21:59
    Duplicate removed, in the future you can do this yourself by clicking the X button in the upper right of the post if no one has responded (once someone has responded you can no longer delete the first post in a thread).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2008-03-17 00:55
    I think somebody else asked this recently and AFAIK, graphics.spin has been used on 1024x768 VGA modes (and at least one other high-resolution mode) but not the regular "VGA" mode, which is 512xsomething...

You might check out my Blackjack game that was moved from TV to 1024x768 VGA...· (It has graphics, but doesn't use Graphics.spin).

http://www.rayslogic.com/propeller/Programming/RaysStuff/RaysStuff.htm