Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp Tokenizer Program — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp Tokenizer Program

Jason OJason O Posts: 16
edited 2011-01-07 18:46 in BASIC Stamp
Hello All,

I'm working on a Visual Basic 6 program that will control my BASIC Stamp 2 through the serial port but I also want to be able to have my program upload the software to the Stamp so that I can "upgrade the firmware" when needed. I believe that the basic stamp tokenizer library can be used for this but I was wondering if anyone here knows of any VB6 program examples or tutorials out there showing how to do this?

Thanks,
Jason O

Comments

• Jason OJason O Posts: 16
    edited 2008-04-09 15:38
    Hello again,

I still haven't been able to find any information on the library for use with VB. Is there a utility program or something out there that will download the code to the basic stamp besides the PBasic software?

Thanks,
    Jason O
  • MSDTechMSDTech Posts: 342
    edited 2008-04-09 19:12
    You have to declare the functions and the transfer space for the contents of the library dll.
    A good starting point for this is at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa243324(VS.60).aspx
    I'm assuming you've downloaded and gone through the tokenizer manual from parallax.
  • Jon SinnreichJon Sinnreich Posts: 3
    edited 2011-01-04 07:50
    Jason,

I am looking to do exactly the same thing as you. Were you ever able to get the code working in VB6? If so, any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jon
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2011-01-06 12:49
    Hi Jon , you don't need the Tokenizer library to download a program to the Stamp via VB6, this was Jason's aim is it yours too or is your aim to create an IDE / compiler .

Jeff T.
  • $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2011-01-07 18:46
    Jason,

I am looking to do exactly the same thing as you. Were you ever able to get the code working in VB6? If so, any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jon
    '
    The software is free from Parallax. Just down-load it.
    '
    We are not gonna tell you the secret.