Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Communication between Basic Stamp 2 and CMUCam3 — Parallax Forums

Communication between Basic Stamp 2 and CMUCam3

EMCCEMCC Posts: 3
edited 2008-04-29 01:37 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello,

Me and my partner have been working together on a senior project. We have been assigned the task of creating a remote control driven, CMUCam 3·tracking nerf cannon battle bot. We bought the battle bot from battlekits.com, CMUCam 3 from Seattle Robotics and our Basic Stamp 2 from Parallax. We are at the point of programming and are trying to figure how to communicate the CMUCam3·with the Basic Stamp; there·were no provided connection cables in eaither kit; yet·it·was·recommended that we purchase·a Basic Stamp for communication... has anyone done this or does anyone know a solution for us? A breif overview is that we have a pan and tilt system from Servocity.com; mounted on top is a 4 cannon set, with Co2 driven nerf balls. On top of the four cannons sits our CMUCam and we will load the CMUCam 2 emulation program which will allow us the ability to run the track color program, combined with the middle mass program in order to blast Elmo off of a chair located anywhere in the room from·1 1/2'·to 5' off the floors surface.·We need the basic stamp to send pulses to four seperate relays, firing one cannon at a time when commanded by the CMUCam.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,
Leo

Comments

• DEMDEM Posts: 1
    edited 2008-04-29 01:37
    Unfortunately I don't have the answer but do have essentially the same question for a robotics camp application being planned this summer.· Have you found a solution yet?