Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My visit to Parallax — Parallax Forums

My visit to Parallax

GiemmeGiemme Posts: 85
edited 2008-03-11 00:03 in Propeller 1
Hi
last week I came back to Switzerland from a beautifull holiday·in San Francisco. When I was there I took the opportunity to visit my favorite company in Rocklin

The 28. Februrary, after 2 hours drive .... me, my wife, my son and my TomTom navigator arrived around 12:30pm·at Parallax.

After introduction myself to the receptionist, she organized a company visit for me.

Josh·from·Parallax arrived·and together we went across all department:
- Sales
- Engineering
- Lab (the cnc machine was producing the new alluminium wheel in almos 20 minutes)
- Warehouse ( with dozen of hydraulic gas robot)
- The lab were the propeller was designed
- Educational lab (with dozen experimental kit: basicstamps, propeller, hydra and pinguin)

After almost·1.5 hour visit we arrived back to the reception. In the meantime the Receptionist was taking care for my wife and my son.

At the end of this visit I could make an order ( just some propeller, a 512k hydra card, a prop plug and some books)

As present I get a white Parallax T-shirt with the propeller on the back side.

I take the opportunity to thank Josh and the Receptionist and all sales staff for the time spent with me and my family.

Sincerly
Gianni Metitieri

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=701170

P.S. The reccomended mexican restaurant was very good!

Post Edited (Giemme) : 3/10/2008 11:37:49 AM GMT
461 x 615 - 63K
640 x 480 - 36K
480 x 640 - 36K

Comments

• QuattroRS4QuattroRS4 Posts: 916
    edited 2008-03-10 08:51
    Gianni,
    Sounds like you had a great time .. was this the 'Highlight' of your visit ? - I know it would be mine !
    Great to hear feedback like that..

Regards,
    John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    'Necessity is the mother of invention'
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-03-10 09:01
    Gianni,

I suppose you know you're now the envy of all members of the forum [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Sounds like you had a great time, ( I'm so Jealous, maybe one day I'll get time to go visit [noparse]:)[/noparse] )

Cheers for the story,
    Jim.
  • ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2008-03-10 09:08
    A pilgrimage to Rocklin is one of the Five Pillars of Propism, a sacred duty that is required of all able-bodied Propers who can afford to go, at least once in their lifetime. People of other faiths are forbidden from entering the city. smile.gif
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-03-10 09:47
    Afterwards they are known as Prophadjies...
  • GiemmeGiemme Posts: 85
    edited 2008-03-10 11:51
    here there are some pic I want to share with you from San Francisco

Regards

Gianni
    615 x 461 - 62K
    461 x 615 - 61K
    615 x 461 - 54K
  • QuattroRS4QuattroRS4 Posts: 916
    edited 2008-03-10 11:58
    Gianni,
    Just short Steve McQueen .... - bet it wouldn't have taken him two hours to hit Rocklin .. Lol
    Seriously though .. looks like you had a good time .. can you give us any more info on your visit to Parallax ?

Regards,
    John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    'Necessity is the mother of invention'
  • GiemmeGiemme Posts: 85
    edited 2008-03-10 12:53
    Actually it was an unplanned visit, I didn't expect to much. I would buy some propellers and books but then I get a visit of Parallax for free

With this visit I was looking for some inspiration...

I think that the propeller is a great product!! And the prop II I am sure will be better but I am still looking for a killapp that will drive the business.

As metaphore something like the MITS Altair (Hydra), the Intel 8080 (Prop) and the MS Basic (???)...

What I can say about Parallax is that in the development process quality is at the first position (no one product will be sent out without checking it first)

By my next visit (some day in the future) I will go there and present a concrete project to Chip. smile.gif

Regards

Gianni
  • OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2008-03-10 22:09
    Hi Gianni..

Great to hear you enjoyed your visit .
    They are a real nice bunch of people.. very down to earth... helpfull ...kind ... patient..
    Some of the things I wish I had more of..

I recall visiting the Embedded Systems Show 4-5 years ago and after that made the trip to Rocklin
    with Ken Gracey in his little truck..

Was fortunate enough to spend a whole hour with Chip .. he was already well into the design of the Propeller.
    There was a pile of stuff on his desk.. he had a keyboard attached to a huge Altera chip .. it was sending stuff in broadcast mode to a TV screen 5 meters away... it was doing amazing stufff...
    He had some FPGA code that he showed me ..made no sense to me but it was impressive..
    I am more a PLC programmer now also dying into the inner caves of PropAsm and loving it...

Anyway I remember it well... also met Tracey Allen and some other people at the BOOTH at the Moscone centre.
    Great times .. Great people lets not forget Jon Williams .. hi Jon..

You will remember this forever Gianni .. thanks for sharing it.. it just made all my fond memories come back.

Cheers Ron Nollet Melbourne Australia
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2008-03-11 00:03
    Giemme,

Thank you so much for the description of your visit to Parallax. I almost felt I was there too with you.

Some are fortunate to make such visits. Enjoy your efforts with the Propeller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko