Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem with Propeller Education board2: — Parallax Forums

Problem with Propeller Education board2:

JerryAJerryA Posts: 11
edited 2008-03-11 04:49 in Propeller 1
Hello all:
I have been playing around with the PE board for a while now, doing the PE labs,playing with the code, etc..
All has been going very well until just now, and I am not sure just exactly caused the problem, which is this:
I can no longer download programs into the prop. F7 works, F8 works, F9 works, but neither F10 or F11 work.
The symptoms are that the last program that I downloaded into the prop, a version of BinaryCount.spin
using pins 16-21 runs continually. As far as I can tell the communication link is working, whith the exception
that at the end of the verify process I get a, Propeller lost on com4, error message. (com4 has been the port all along)
The things that I changed just prior to this failure were:
1: I routed the cable through a new Targus USB hub. and
2: I used for the very first time the LoadRam button from F8
Since then I have tried plugging the cable back into my laptops USB port,
removing all power to the board, and then reconnecting and trying to load any program.

So far nothing has worked
Any clues, tips or hints would be welcome. cry.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
jac {^[noparse]:)[/noparse]}

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity! (It bites me all the time!)

Comments

• mosquito56mosquito56 Posts: 387
    edited 2008-03-10 01:49
    I have the same problem with plugging the prop into a usb hub. I have never gotten it to work. I just unplug the hub and plug the prop staight in and it works fine. ·I would suspect that it's a windows problem but debuging windows can be somewhat complicated and a full time job.
    ·You might try jiggling wires as the PE board can be tricky in that a wire looks good and tight but isn't.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·······

······· "What do you mean, it doesn't have any tubes?"
    ······· "No such thing as a dumb question" unless it's on the internet
    ········
  • JerryAJerryA Posts: 11
    edited 2008-03-10 02:04
    Hi
    GRRRRRRRR!
    I fixed the problem! The only thing I didn't try earlier was to completely shut down the Prop Tool and restart it!
    I just did that and it works fine now. idea.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

edited 2008-03-10 02:14
    mosquito56, hi:
    You are correct on both counts. I don't have the intestinal fortitude to tackle Windows debugging, and checking
    connections on breadboards is an absolute must. cool.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

edited 2008-03-11 04:49
    Mosquito56 Hi again:

I think I just figured out the USB hub thing. Looking at some of the other threads concerning prop-Prop Tool
    communication, seems timing is critical. Now my old Toshiba Satellite 1400 only has low speed USB. It would
    appear that the delay caused by going thru the hub is enough to hose things. Maybe if you use a high speed
    USB it might work, I have no way to test this but it might be worth a try! smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔