Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinpong - New Propeller video game! — Parallax Forums

Spinpong - New Propeller video game!

JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
edited 2008-03-16 18:44 in Propeller 1
Spinpong - 3-16-08 - Second release

Retro paddle ball game·with sound for NTSC or PAL TVs,·2 player only.
Use either joypads or 2 mice (one in the keyboard port, the other in the mouse port)

Includes source code for Hydra, Hybrid, and Demo boards

History
  • 3-16-08 - Added sound
  • 3-9-08 - First release
Todo: add ADC routines so pots can control the paddles

Post Edited (JT Cook) : 3/16/2008 6:45:12 PM GMT
256 x 192 - 724B

Comments

• JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2008-03-09 20:30
    I am not going to lie, I haven't actually tested this out on the demo/proto boards yet (I have only tested it on the Hydra and Hybrid boards).·I used a source base that was tested with the demo board, so it *should* work. If not, let me know and I will fix it.

Note: Clemens·confirmed it works, thanks [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Post Edited (JT Cook) : 3/10/2008 5:57:36 AM GMT
  • ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2008-03-09 23:40
    Thanks JT Cook, works well on the demoboard, except there's no sound. I like the idea of playing with two mice, fortunately I have two mice here. Would be cool to add the mice to two office chairs so people could play by rolling around in the room... sort of a sitting wii. LOL, just a thought smile.gif
  • ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2008-03-09 23:45
    oops, just saw on the HYDRA-forum, there's no sound yet. wink.gif
    edited 2008-03-10 05:54
    That is the nice thing about the Propeller chip is that the keyboard and mouse port are just the physical ports tied to the micro, so they can really be whatever you need them to be. And with 2 mice, it is a really easy way to have both players have some sort of analog control (even tho the arcade machine used pots).

Sound is next on my list of things to do, but I don't have an ETA of when that will be done since I have been pretty busy. Also what would be cool for would be hook up a couple of acceleromters for the controls.

Thanks for letting me know the programs works on the demo boards [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2008-03-16 18:44
    I just released a new version of my pong game where now it has sound. Now fills out the whole retro experience [noparse]:)[/noparse]