Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
full duplex serial questions. — Parallax Forums

full duplex serial questions.

RontopiaRontopia Posts: 139
edited 2008-03-08 02:06 in Propeller 1
ok.. so after going through the objects lab for the education kit it has become real apparent how much I don't know about the object fullduplexserial. is there any docs about this and how it works? I think parallax could make a whole lab our of that one subject.

with the basic stamps all you had to do was know it worked.. this is a whole other thing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

IC layout designer
Austin Texas

Comments

• JMLStamp2pJMLStamp2p Posts: 259
    edited 2008-03-07 21:29
    Rontopia,
    I have a post on the First page of the forum "with Spin file attached". I am using FullDuplexSerial to send data between 2 remote Props and also have a seperate serial port
    setup through FullDuplexSerial for my LCD. I am just learning but have this system working and If there is any way that I can be of help please let me know.
    Post is concerning "Neen help with New Cog for method".
    Regards,
    JMLStamp2p
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-03-08 00:45
    Rontopia -

I also suggest looking at the PC debug object. This object uses the Full Duplex Serial object to exchange data with a computer over the Prop Plug. Basically the object is started in its own cog. It is always watching for input and it is sending outputs (if there is data in the buffer). When inputs are received it stuffs the data into the buffer. Your program then needs to read from teh buffer to get the bytes out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter

www.brilldea.com·- check out the uOLED-IOC, an I/O expansion for the uOLED-96-PROP
    www.tdswieter.com
    One little spark of imagination is all it takes for an idea to explode
  • dbpagedbpage Posts: 217
    edited 2008-03-08 02:06
    Take a look at Eight Talking Cogs at http://obex.parallax.com/objects/91/ to see if it has what you need.