Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need an object for a 16bit 4 channel A/D IC? — Parallax Forums

Need an object for a 16bit 4 channel A/D IC?

grasshoppergrasshopper Posts: 438
edited 2008-03-08 09:25 in Propeller 1
Has any one seen or developed an object for an ADS8341E data sheet here -> pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/83671/TI/ADS8341E.html

I am looking for any object that will work. It is a 4 channel 16 bit A/D IC. Please help I am still new at this so simple would be preferred.

Thanks.

Comments

• Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2008-03-08 09:09
    I'm not a fan of these datasheet sites especially when you can get it straight from the horses mouth and up to date and complete.

www.ti.com/lit/gpn/ads8341

If you look at the timing chart on page 12-14 you will see that there is nothing magical or mystical about the interface, it's just a straight SPI'ish interface. Surely you could use one of the many similar objects and tweak it to suit. It's an achievable goal if you don't feel too confident and it will build your coding skills thereby boosting your confidence. No need then to depend on us cocky bit jockeys to change a couple of lines of code at our leisure when you can empower yourself in this regard.

Just follow the yellow brick road, step by step as you clock the data bits in and out then at the end click your heels and presto! there you are in Kansas. (Simplified version)

*Peter*
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-03-08 09:25
    smile.gif