Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Project ideas? — Parallax Forums

Project ideas?

J. A. StreichJ. A. Streich Posts: 158
edited 2008-03-06 02:42 in Propeller 1
So, I have a prop proto-board, another Propeller chip, 4 eerprom chips (256) from the sale, a mini DVD player (for the LCD), a Zeta violin pick-up with preamp, a white violin, a 256x128 LCD, two PMDC 12V motors, random laptop peices, LEDs, IDE cables, servos and audio jacks of various sizes collected over the years.

I want to build a propeller driven bot at some point, but first I have this urge to finish my electric violin I started an eon ago... I want to get one of the screens involved and a propeller.... but I'm not sure what I want to use the prop and screen for. Any suggestions on projects? I very much like the effects pedal, but since it's been done I don't want to recreate it.

Comments

• bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2008-03-06 02:12
    I am planning to use my DVD player screen as a debug device for future projects. I passed on the midi player, but did add an SD card and microphone just in case I get bored.
  • J. A. StreichJ. A. Streich Posts: 158
    edited 2008-03-06 02:42
    One idea I've had is to use the mini-DVD player as a tuner and possibly to show the wave forms from the electric violin and possibly apply changes to it before it is output to the amp or even the mini-DVD players speakers. I've thought about analog music to midi conversion, but my pickup outputs to Zeta's Synthony II which I also have on hand.