Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propowerment — Parallax Forums

Propowerment

Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,510
edited 2008-03-05 23:43 in Propeller 1
Yet again I found myself empowered by the propeller.

A collegue at work has built a rather special mechanism for his research which is to be eventually to be operated by three, high-end brushless servo motors. But wouldn't it be nice to see it operating right away, even if at low speed.

Take one protoboard, three RC servos and eleven lines of code (together with servo32) and about an hour of my time and we have motion! Most of that time was messing with the exel spreadsheet which gave the arrays of servo positions to be put in the dat section. This is the first time I have driven an RC servo to boot!

Awesome!

I know this was just a simple task but the propeller is like the invention of the pencil and paper for me, I can sketch ideas in hardware and software so easily.

Graham

Comments

• deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-03-05 23:43
    Of course I cannon resist to also advertise my 32 line servo driver, which was written in total ignorance of Beau's work, and is based on a very different principle which would also allow more than 32 servos to control (with appropriate port expansion). But it also had lead to an update of Beau's driver and the wider spread of the MUX instruction... But I like my interface better smile.gif

Back to the topic. Yes, Graham, that is what the only person out of my classes who became a true addict reports regularly.... He does the most astounding prototyping things within a couple of the hour...