Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
USB Scope on Dell D630 won't talk — Parallax Forums

USB Scope on Dell D630 won't talk

lajkolajko Posts: 7
edited 2008-03-17 19:50 in Learn with BlocklyProp
All other things work (BOE board, other development boards). Scope won't detect or communicate. I can select the USB Serial port where ever I plug it in and even if it is the only USB device plugged in. It just won't talk.

Connected it to a desktop also running XP and it detected it and worked just fine (though I wish it would update continuously like a good 'ol CRT scope).

Any ideas of what is conflicting with it?

Dell D630 is brand new with 4 USB ports. Install goes without problems. Windows recognizes a device plugged in. Scope program 4 or 5.1 just don't talk to it.

BOE board works just find when plugged in even at the same time. Scope was installed and tried before BOE basic editor. And tried after it was installed and the SX software installed ( I have that, too ).

Comments

• sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2008-03-09 14:13
    lajko
    I had the same problem with a Radio Shack Volt Meter that would work on the Desk Top but not on the Laptop computer what i found was that
    if i changed the bit per seconds from 9600 to 2400 then the meter would work on the the Laptop so you may want to try this also look at
    the setting that work on the desk top and put those same setting on the laptop

I have found with my laptop that·some thing you·can only run one usb device at a time so this may be the same thing

I hope this help you

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam

Post Edited (sam_sam_sam) : 3/9/2008 2:23:29 PM GMT
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-03-17 19:50
    Two possibilities I can think of…Assuming this is a laptop computer the USB system may not have enough current available from the USB Ports. Also, which version of windows is on the Dell? If it is older than Windows XP the Driver may not be the correct version.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support