Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Simulator/Emulator for Windows PC — Parallax Forums

BS2 Simulator/Emulator for Windows PC

JonmarJonmar Posts: 9
edited 2008-10-16 20:20 in BASIC Stamp
Greetings all,

Has anyone heard of or know of a program that would run on a Windows PC, that would simulate or emulate a BS2(BS2E) ?

The desired setup would allow programs developed in the PBASIC Editor and compiled, to run on a simulation of a BS2E that would allow the I/O pins to be visually monitored and or stimulated.

Jonmar

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-03-05 02:23
    I've seen a Stamp simulator advertised on the internet. I know there's a "free" version for the BS1 and I think there's a "for sale" version for the BS2. I have no idea how good it is. It's really easy to set up a Board of Education with LEDs and switches on all the I/O pins of a real Stamp.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-03-05 15:29
    Information on the Simulation Software for the BASIC Stamp 2 can be found at the following link. Take care.

http://www.parallax.com/ProductInfo/Microcontrollers/BASICStampSoftware/PROTEUSVSMforBASICStamp/tabid/480/Default.aspx

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • StatzStatz Posts: 28
    edited 2008-10-10 19:21
    but how the heck do u use it lol
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-10-10 19:27
    You'll just have to go to Proteus' website and look at their documentation.
  • Lab RatLab Rat Posts: 289
    edited 2008-10-10 20:46
    i have proteus and it is completely free for me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I`m not prejudice I hate everyone equally
    edited 2008-10-10 20:50
    nevermind i dont have it any more it was confusing so i deleted it sides i have one hell of a collection of parts
    i wish i had a stamp for every dc motor i have though i must have like 50 of the things because
    i have taken apart more things then most have ever owned and i am only 18 so top that lol

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • GICU812GICU812 Posts: 289
    edited 2008-10-11 05:40
    What version? Where did you get it?

I found 6.9 lite or something, but I cant find a demo of the "for stamp" version
    Lab Rat said...
    i have proteus and it is completely free for me

edited 2008-10-11 12:27
    http://www.labcenter.co.uk/download/prodemo_download.cfm#professional
    try this it is a demo version download all three of the files and be sure to read the manual or you will never figure out how to virtually program the stamps.
    i think this is the version i had.
    i had more fun looking at the sample programs ten what i had building my own
    if the demo has a x number of days limit just delete it a few days before it it over and reinstall it
    that is why i still have multisim on my computer

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • kingspudkingspud Posts: 128
    edited 2008-10-16 08:23
    Hi Jonmar,

I own Proteus 7 and purchased the basic stamp simulator package.

This is THE simulation windows program to use if you want to simulate Basic Stamp circuits.

You can use the BS2, BS2p, or even the BS2p40 chip.

I am very familiar with the program and have created a·number of·projects with it·so if you have any questions please email me.

Joe

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death”
    Albert Einstein
  • kingspudkingspud Posts: 128
    edited 2008-10-16 08:27
    Hi Jonmar,

If you want to find out about pricing then email Don Jackson at

R4 Systems Inc. <don.jackson@r4systems.com>

or call him at 905.898.0665

Joe

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death”
    Albert Einstein
  • R4 CADR4 CAD Posts: 3
    edited 2008-10-16 20:20
    Hi,

My name is Don Jackson I am the GM at R4 Systems, we sell Proteus VSM.· I understand this is a user forum and you don't want any sales information posted.· However we have had a number of inquiries from Stamp users·regarding Proteus and the StampWorks files, so I thought I would post this information.

We·have a set of 32·Stamp designs call StampWorks·that you might find very helpful.· They are very simple, but show how to use the·BasicStamp.· The download and the StampWorks files are·Free.

Here is what you will need.

The StampWorks files are available from:

www.r4systems.com/Downloads/Stampworks.zip

You will also need to download the Proteus Demo from:

www.r4systems.com/Downloads/prodemo.exe

The StampWorks files are 32 simple projects that demo how to use the BasicStamp.· This covers everything from flashing an LED, driving a standard LCD to building a clock.· The files include the schematic and the BasicStamp code.

You will of couse need to down load both files and un-zip the StampWorks file.· Then simply open one of the examples in Proteus and have fun.

·If you need any help with Proteus, you can send me an email (don.jackson@r4systems.com) or to customercare@r4systems.com