Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mappy's not so happy... — Parallax Forums

Mappy's not so happy...

RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
edited 2008-03-06 02:00 in Propeller 1
I know i'm new to programing, but this stuff isn't rocket science either. I have a very basic setup with my $20 Hydry (HYDRA wanabe - Proto board setup just for HYDRA's NSTC output). N E way, I've been successful at creating bitmaps, generating my own .map files, and succesfully used map2spin, the problem is the mappy**001.spin when set to my ProFI_prog_data.spin file and downloaded to the EE or RAM, it just fills the screen with random tiles, the tiles display just fine, but it's not the image i saved in mappy. Could it be cuz my tile maps going into map2spin are 11x5 tiles? The bitmap/tile structure corespond 1:1, and the pitfall demo displays correctly, also my tilemap data table (inside ProFI_prog_data.spin) appears to have the screen layout I want to use, but it just dislays random tiles. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong? I'll continue on trouble shooting and monitoring this thread for replies, thx in advance.

The displayed image should look similar to this pic (the exact image can be viewed using the .map/.bmp files attatched)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
E3 = Thought

http://folding.stanford.edu/·- Donating some CPU/GPU downtime just might lead to a cure for cancer! My team stats.

Comments

• AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2008-02-28 02:57
    Well, read my mappy tutorial in the book if you have it. It's a little bit tricky on some of the settings for the output. Also, look at the header section of the tile file and make sure it makes sense. I had a little trouble with it as well [noparse]:)[/noparse]

"Hydry" - nice [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre'
  • RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2008-03-06 02:00
    well, I re-read the whole chapter on tile maps & tile engines & then it sunk in one day at work right before exactly how the tile maps with the 1 pixel border can be used to address the tilemaps. ie- columns from 0-F and rows from 0-B. Not sure what mydeal with mappy is, set the maptype correctly but still get random tiles on the screen. The only thing i can attribute this to is when i load my .bmp file (0 pixel border) there is always a blank first tile. And even when i "coat" the whole map first with a blank tile from the middle of my.bmp file andmake my mapslike the book says, i still get random tiles.

On the other hand, and after a weekend of futility, i decided to follow the chapter but make my own tilemap(s), and at first, i had a complete tile map displayed on the screen. Which led to this·little·demo of the·various alarms i have planned for my fuel injection system.·It's nothing compared to what the demo gods can do, still it's a start. And I still have to write the rest of the software for the Fuel Injection and graphical side by Oct. In any case, thanks for the suggestions.

The attached archive demo will only run on the HYDRA,·one of the reasons being·i havent figured out how to get the HEL4.0 engine to output on different pins. NSTC only on pins 24-27.

The graphical status screens in this demo are in the begining stages, still have to add the 8 sprites! text & numbers would be great to, but one mountain @ a time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    E3 = Thought

http://folding.stanford.edu/·- Donating some CPU/GPU downtime just might lead to a cure for cancer! My team stats.