Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Screen Designer for vga_hires_text — Parallax Forums

Screen Designer for vga_hires_text

tallykentallyken Posts: 7
edited 2008-02-26 05:34 in Propeller 1
I've thrown together a (primitive) screen designer in VB6 - if anybody is interested, I'll post the vb source and stuff, along with some Spin test code.
Ken
988 x 713 - 143K
1067 x 850 - 167K
A.JPG 142.7K
B.JPG 166.6K

Comments

• bbakerbbaker Posts: 16
    edited 2008-02-24 00:16
    I have just finished all my SPIN code and I am now ready to build a Screen display for it. I would be very interested in your VB6 and Spin code for the display.

THANKS
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2008-02-24 21:31
    Very impressive - I'd love to have a copy of that smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offense at my writing style smile.gif
  • hippyhippy Posts: 1,981
    edited 2008-02-25 17:30
    Looks good. I personally prefer to use just period, forward and backwards single quotes when creating ASCII Art. That displays reasonably well in the forum here and is okay with the right font chosen and to me looks 'cleaner' ...

.----.   .-----.
    | ON |   | OFF |
    `----'   `-----'

A quick scan of the source can convert .-- or --. etc to what it should be for display, and by scanning vertically as well as horizontally vertical bars and so on can be blended with the characters above and below to build up most of the box graphics characters without having to worry too much about getting the source matching exactly what will be shown. I find that speeds up the manual entry and change of screen designs quite significantly.

VB6 has the ability to take the load off the screen designer so one may as well use its full potential for a little extra effort in coding the application.

Post Edited (hippy) : 2/25/2008 5:35:27 PM GMT
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2008-02-25 17:50
    You might try using the Parallax font in your app... Might give you a more realistic display.
  • hippyhippy Posts: 1,981
    edited 2008-02-25 18:17
    Unfortunately unicode in VB6 "as is" doesn't seem that well supported, and one would still have to know the right Alt-NNN key presses to enter the codes ( although a pop-up to insert them or similar could be used ).
  • computer guycomputer guy Posts: 1,113
    edited 2008-02-26 05:34
    I would be interested. I have wanted something like this for a long time.

Thank you smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Check out my robot using the propeller RECONAUTOR
    If you like my avatar then check this out Propeller Domed Sticker