Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ProtoBoard enclosure? — Parallax Forums

ProtoBoard enclosure?

parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
edited 2008-02-20 18:19 in Propeller 1
Could this....

www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8601#

...be the enclosure that we've all been waiting for for our Propeller Proto Boards? I plan to try one out.

The specs say it accommodates a Eurocard (100mmx80mm) sized circuit board. the Proto Board is 101.6mm x 77.5mm, an almost perfect fit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio - the modular Development system for the Propeller

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller! PropJoy - Plug in a joystick and play some games!

SD card Adapter - mass storage for the masses Audio/Video adapter add composite video and sound to your Proto Board

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2008-02-20 16:53
    I'm interested to hear if this works!
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2008-02-20 17:43
    Is it roomy enough inside to accommodate the 'big' cap, maybe mouse/keyboard connector, an RCA video jack, etc. For sure not a VGA connector.

But looks like a nice enclosure. About 60% the cost of a ProtoBoard though.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2008-02-20 18:19
    The price is a bit prohibitive, and I wish it didn't have the Sparkfun logo embossed right in the plastic. It'd be great for a nice finished project though that you want to present to others.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio - the modular Development system for the Propeller

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller! PropJoy - Plug in a joystick and play some games!

SD card Adapter - mass storage for the masses Audio/Video adapter add composite video and sound to your Proto Board