Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Decimal calculations and display on LCD — Parallax Forums

Decimal calculations and display on LCD

hm2008hm2008 Posts: 3
edited 2008-02-18 18:16 in Propeller 1
Hi,

I am new to Propeller. I am trying to use the propeller to count the input pulses then calculate and display the diameter on the LCD. I read the manual about the float, floatMath, but I still don't understand. Do you have any sample code? Please help. Thanks.

hm

Comments

• deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-16 15:10
    There is the FLOAT_DEMO.SPIN in Propeller/Examples/Library That will give you a good start I should say.
  • hm2008hm2008 Posts: 3
    edited 2008-02-16 16:05
    Thank you very much·deSilva. But I can find the Examples/Library. Could you drop me a link, please? Sorry.

hm
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-02-16 16:12
    There are several objects in the Propeller Object Exchange: obex.parallax.com/objects/category/6/.
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-16 17:30
    hm2008 said...
    Thank you very much deSilva. But I can find the Examples/Library. Could you drop me a link, please?

Well, first you have to install the PropellerTool. When you start it you will see some frames.. have a look at the left hand side, there are three frames! The middle one shows you the folders of your drive C:

It is generally pre-selected with the folder where your PropellerTools resides, generally called the "library".

Now select folder "Examples" in that folder, and furthermore folder "Library".

Now you will see AT THE LEFT BOTTOM frame a list of interesting files, exercising manx of the library objects. Try them all! This will give you a little bit inside, I hope. Of course it will also pay to read through the Manual and the Tutorials.....
  • JMLStamp2pJMLStamp2p Posts: 259
    edited 2008-02-16 17:57
    HM2008,
    I am working on a project listed right above yours " Need help with the following code".
    I also am working with a serial LCD made by Matrix Orbital and using a matrix Keypad to enter data as well. It may not help you write your total code but maybe helpful in certain areas.
    JMLStamp2p
  • hm2008hm2008 Posts: 3
    edited 2008-02-18 18:16
    Thanks to all the replies. I am appreciated with your helps.

hm