Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller PLL for beginners — Parallax Forums

Propeller PLL for beginners

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2008-02-14 13:22 in Propeller 1
I've been quite distracted by the references to PLL as my original introduction to them was in radio tuning.· After several rereadings I find that the main·Propeller system clock PLL·is used solely as 16x or less· a frequency multiplier.

While that is easy, it gets a little confusing as·their is one main PLL used for the system clock as a frequency multiplier of oscillator or crystal·and it seems each·COG has two PLLs associated with their respective counters that can be used as dividers of a counter-generated frequency upto the system clock limit [noparse][[/noparse]128Mhz].··

So, I am wondering if I have this right.· It would be really nice if the documents didn't assume prior·knowledge of the PLL's functions among the many possiblities that a PLL might perform.· And a little in depth explanation of the·modules [noparse][[/noparse]like the VCO] that are included in the Propeller's PLLs might make learning this new aspect easier.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
PLEASE CONSIDER the following:

Do you want a quickly operational black box solution or the knowledge included therein?······
···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan