Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 functions - freqout — Parallax Forums

BS2 functions - freqout

shmowshmow Posts: 109
edited 2008-02-14 15:27 in Propeller 1
I have the propeller kit (PE), and I've done the labs.
When I try to use the BS2 functions object for the freqout command there is no response.
I've written two simple programs:
·- one that turns on an LED when a button is press (without BS2 object written in)
·- other that does the same as above as well as send a frequency signal to a piezo (with BS2 object written in)

When I run the second program there is no sound from piezo and the LED does not turn on.
The only way to get the LED to turn on (in the second program) is if I comment out any reference to the BS2 function.

I've tested the piezo separately and added a transistor to the piezo to apply 5V instead of 3.3V.
Also, I made sure the object file is in the same folder as the main program and the directory has both files referenced.

After narrowing the problem down (as far as my expertise would allow - very limited) the program would stop working if I included the BS2.start (31,30) method - see attached files.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,
Shmow.

Comments

• deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-14 09:18
    shmow,
    - Your program is small enough you could have copied it into your posting (using [noparse][[/noparse] code ] ...[noparse][[/noparse] /code ] of course!) This will generally speed up responses...

-Please don't use spaces in your file names. I decided once to no longer look into files that contain blanks in their names....
    But no rule without exception...

- How should the Propeller know that you want BTN_LED executed? It just executes the FIRST routine and then stops.
  • shmowshmow Posts: 109
    edited 2008-02-14 15:27
    DeSilva,

Okay, I changed things according to your advice - thanks.·

And I got it to work...yeah!

Here's the revised program and this time with just ONE public method (one section of code).
    '' -- input P23 turns on LED on pin P4
    '' -- if LED is on then P 10 sends signal to PIEZO
    ''
    {{LED                       Pushbutton                Piezo
      ──────────────────        ──────────────────        ────────────────── 
                                    3.3V                         5V
            100 Ω    LED                                         
         P 4 ───────┐            │                    P 10 ─                         
                                   ┤Pushbutton                  │           
                       GND           │                            +           
                                     │                         [noparse][[/noparse]PIEZO]           
                              P 23 ─┫                            - 
                                     │                            │
                                      10 kΩ                      
                                                                GND
                                    GND
    }}
    CON
        _clkmode = xtal1 + pll16x
        _xinfreq = 5_000_000

OBJ
        BS2 : "BS2_Functions"    ' Create BS2 Object

PUB Btn_LED    
      dira[noparse][[/noparse]4] := 1                            ' make the pin an output
      repeat
        outa[noparse][[/noparse]4] := ina[noparse][[/noparse]23]                    ' output state equals input state

if outa[noparse][[/noparse]4]
         BS2.start (31,30)
         BS2.FREQOUT(10,1000,2500)            ' sends 1 sec. pulse of 2500 Hz on pin 10 

I have a pretty good handle on the·stamp but with the prop & spin - I'm taking baby steps.
    Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Shmow·