Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Just a note for UK propeller users — Parallax Forums

Just a note for UK propeller users

Damien AllenDamien Allen Posts: 103
edited 2008-02-09 17:45 in Propeller 1
RS components now sells some Parallax parts in including the prop and protoboards! They are expensive but it's great if your company has an account so you can order parts for official company business tongue.gif .

Link below

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=electronics/ecs&file=Parallax

Comments

• deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-09 15:23
    Damien Allen said...
    ...They are expensive...
    I see what you mean... Finally! This is the exchange rate some people have been waiting for for a hundred years now....

Normally those are the times when smuggling exceeds fair trade...

Post Edited (deSilva) : 2/9/2008 3:35:23 PM GMT
  • Mike_GTNMike_GTN Posts: 106
    edited 2008-02-09 15:43
    Always nice to have other sources of parts available within the UK. I myself was hoping that Rapid would take on the Propeller chips, and a few development parts.··They have a new catalogue out·now: -http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/content/downloads/2008CatalogueComplete.pdf·

It lands as a 407MB PDF - slightly fatter than a Digikey offering tongue.gif Well is always nice to have colour pictures
    though to puzzle over.

It is simply a UK resource of components and parts and does not imply a recommendation.

Regards,

Mike.
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2008-02-09 16:13
    Damien Allen said...
    They are expensive but it's great if your company has an account so you can order parts for official company business tongue.gif .

LOL!

RS are great for next day stuff when things are needed NOW!

They have got me out of trouble so many times.....

As for the price it's what i would expect for the UK, I think Milford are a similar price and they charge for delivery too.

The Protoboard looks great value at £19 when compared to the Prop itself at £12.70 though! tongue.gif

Thanks Damien for the heads up!!!

@Mike, Rapid are great, very easy to deal with but I wish they did Parallax too!

Coley
  • big_markbig_mark Posts: 49
    edited 2008-02-09 17:45
    Farnell also stock Propellor chips and dev kits, and they'll do free next day delivery on orders over £20. Be warned though that their demo board kit does not include a PSU.