Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
tiny eeprom module re released..ideal also now for Propeller.. datalogging... — Parallax Forums

tiny eeprom module re released..ideal also now for Propeller.. datalogging...

OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
edited 2008-02-08 12:00 in Propeller 1
Hi

A few years ago we made a tiny PCB that held 4 off 24LC256 eeproms.
We called it I2CMEM ( eye squared sea· protocol memory module)
We sold bucket loads of them to a goverment dept that had a datalogging application
Used at the time with a BS2 or another controller they were using..

Since it can hold 24LC256 or 24LC512 ( possibly 24LC1025 as well)
and operate on 5V or 3.3VDC we decided to get some made again as somebody enquired about them again..
So hereby attached a picture of it..

Ideal for using it with a Propeller or Basic Stamp or ....
You can use the first eeprom one ( most to the left as the boot eeprom for the Propeller)
and the other 3 spare for datalogging etc etc...

cheers Ron· Mel OZ...
448 x 229 - 69K

Comments

• deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-07 06:08
    This shall get a special place in my collection of ways how to make money...
  • OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2008-02-07 10:46
    yes .

Got a hundred made again this time..
    Empty boards or fitted with 24LC256 or ...whatever..

cheers ron
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2008-02-07 13:32
    Ron,
    I assume each chip has a different address ?

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.iElectronicDesigns.com

·
  • liljoentxliljoentx Posts: 25
    edited 2008-02-07 13:50
    Hey, Ron, do you have a schematic you can share with us? It'll save answering a lot of other questions.

Just the photo is sorta like going to Healesville Sanctuary without a map. confused.gif

Thanks, Mate!
    OzStamp said...
    Hi

A few years ago we made a tiny PCB that held 4 off 24LC256 eeproms.
    We called it I2CMEM ( eye squared sea· protocol memory module)
    We sold bucket loads of them to a goverment dept that had a datalogging application
    Used at the time with a BS2 or another controller they were using..

Since it can hold 24LC256 or 24LC512 ( possibly 24LC1025 as well)
    and operate on 5V or 3.3VDC we decided to get some made again as somebody enquired about them again..
    So hereby attached a picture of it..

Ideal for using it with a Propeller or Basic Stamp or ....
    You can use the first eeprom one ( most to the left as the boot eeprom for the Propeller)
    and the other 3 spare for datalogging etc etc...

cheers Ron· Mel OZ...
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2008-02-07 13:58
    I like the modularity.

Seems to me that these would be quite handy in bulk if you need to visit remote datalogging stations. You leave the BasicStamp in place, check the batteries, and trade out the board with a fresh one.

When you get back to your home base, you can download data, then prepare the board for another go. You could even insert ID data into the EEPROMs to assure identity is unique.

And of course, the Propeller requires an EEPROM to boot a program. So you could use these to with the Propeller to actually change the program as required.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    PLEASE CONSIDER the following:

Do you want a quickly operational black box solution or the knowledge included therein?······
    ···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-02-07 20:32
    Can't believe this thread .... Most likely my fault, as always...
  • OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2008-02-07 21:36
    Hi picture attached of schematic .. MicroChip ++·Atmel all have Eeproms to suit..

The road to Healesville leads to Eildon...map attached.

DeSilva...
    Just trying to share stuff that relates to the Propeller..
    Selling stuff like this doesn't even pay for the milk mate..

Lucky I have·real trade qualifications and can get my hands dirty on real jobs and can get
    paid by people that appreciate what we do...

cheers ron mel oz..

Post Edited (OzStamp) : 2/7/2008 10:34:34 PM GMT
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2008-02-08 12:00
    OzStamp,
    We all love gadgets and designs that make things handier. I certainly understand that this stuff doesn't really make much about it's costs. A good sucessful product is usually sold at something like 12times its direct costs.

My CANbus boards give me great pleasure, but never covered costs. Still, it just as cheap to make 25 as it was to make less. And you meet people with similar project interests.

In passing, one gadget came to mind that I've not shared, but has no real market. If you want to use 8X8 LED matrices with the Propeller, SXes, or BasicStamp; I find it very simple to make two cables of 8 wires to adapt the LEDs pins to whatever you build for a driver board. This is far cheaper and easier than making a printed circuit board as you can untangle the inputs from the outputs in the cable's configuration, then use an orderly perfboard for construction of the drivers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    PLEASE CONSIDER the following:

Do you want a quickly operational black box solution or the knowledge included therein?······
    ···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan