Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
UGV's powered by Propeller chips and other slaves. — Parallax Forums

UGV's powered by Propeller chips and other slaves.

SpinBoySpinBoy Posts: 4
edited 2008-01-30 10:04 in Propeller 1
Hi folks, it's SpinBoy, I am back after a long hiatus. I plan on uploading some spin objects soon. I have written some to handle the Matrix Orbital graphical LCD displays. I will also be posting pictures of my to prop-powered robots, bristling with parallax and other home brew sensor packages.

Cheers! jumpin.gif

Comments

• SpinBoySpinBoy Posts: 4
    edited 2008-01-30 10:04
    Check out this shot of octabot. One can see the master and slave prop boards. Master is on the bottom. The master is communicates to the slave via a serial link, uses two IO pins on each board and I am using the full duplex serial object to operate them. The master is outfitted with the accessory kit and supports the VGA monitor, mouse and keyboard interfaces, sucks up lots of IO hence the slave board. Also on the master is a ping sensor, with pan and tilt control, motion sensor, and three bumper sensors and full control of 4 servo motors. The master's remaining 2 IO lines are brought down to a breadboard on deck 2 for testing new sensors. The slave board sports the digital compass and temp-light sensors, and it also controls the 912 Mhz RX/TX unit, another one is interfaced to my PC! All above mentioned sensors excepting the bumper sensors are Parallax senors.
    1600 x 1200 - 526K