Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Trick to using SimpleDebug? — Parallax Forums

Trick to using SimpleDebug?

MarkSMarkS Posts: 342
edited 2008-01-30 05:54 in Propeller 1
It looks like it sends data to the host computer through a PropClip/Plug. What do I need on the computer side to see the sent data?

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-01-30 04:23
    HyperTerminal or some other Serial Com program.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • MarkSMarkS Posts: 342
    edited 2008-01-30 04:55
    Forgive my stupidity, but I didn't even know that program was on my computer and I certainly don't know how to use it. The Prop is on Com3 and I've connected to Com3 through HyperTerminal. Nothing happens. SimpleDebug is able to start a new cog.
  • MarkSMarkS Posts: 342
    edited 2008-01-30 05:46
    I have it working now. I had the BS2 object and SimpleDebug running at the same time and that caused a pin conflict.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-01-30 05:54
    When you open it, it will ask you for a name for the connection, use Prop or whatever you like. In the next dialog choose COM3 for the Connect using and click OK. In the next dialog choose the communication speed (this needs to match whatever you use in your program), 8 data bits, No parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control. After this you connect and disconnect by clicking on the phone icons. HyperTerminal hogs the serial line, so you have to disconnect before trying to download a new program from the Tool. When you exit, save the profile so the next time you start it up, kill the dialog and load the profile using the folder icon.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.