Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Simulator / Emulator — Parallax Forums

Stamp Simulator / Emulator

quickster47quickster47 Posts: 35
edited 2008-01-24 18:16 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Being that when I am at work, and away from my hardware and not able to use it directly, I was wondering if there is a Stamp simulator or emulator available for either a Windoze box or a Unix / Linux System?

Carl

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2008-01-24 15:46
    I don't think so. People have asked for one before...
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-01-24 16:35
    quickster -

There is a simulator available for the BS-1 Stamp, but not the BS-2. If you want the link to the BS-1 simulator, just ask. The simulator was written by other than Parallax.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do;
    the fun is in having lots to do, and not doing it!
  • quickster47quickster47 Posts: 35
    edited 2008-01-24 16:51
    Bruce thanks for that info.

And man, I have not used a BS1 since Moby Dick was a minnow. lol.gif

I was not even aware that there is still a significant amount of interest in the BS1. tongue.gif
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-01-24 17:15
    quickster -

From what I understand there is still quite a market for those fiesty little devils. If you want my honest opinion, I think many people have found the BS-2 the defacto, no-brainer microcontroller, and since the BS-1 often takes some thought, planning, and a bit of insight for more involved projects, only those willing to expend those resources mentioned even "bother" with the BS-1 although a fair amount of money can be saved if the BS-1 otherwise fits your needs.

Just MHO.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do;
    the fun is in having lots to do, and not doing it!
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-01-24 18:16
    It's telling that EFX-TEK used the BS1 as the basis of their Prop-1 and, I have to assume, did well enough for some time with this before they developed a BS2 and SX version of their controller. For the kind of control functions and speed needed for a lot of prop control and basic light displays, the BS1 is more than adequate. I used a pair of Prop-1s to control MP3 players for a sound installation and the Prop-1s worked well.