Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EepromNavagation program will not work — Parallax Forums

EepromNavagation program will not work

DadarDadar Posts: 4
edited 2008-01-25 16:04 in Learn with BlocklyProp
··· I am trying to do the EepromNavagation.bs2 program pg. 149 of the Robotics with the Boe-Bot book. I continue to get an Undefined Symbol error message highlighting "instruction" after the command "Select". Assuming I have not made any typos...is there something I'm missing? I did'nt find anything in the threads and PBasic 2.5 manual states an "expression" follows the "Select" command. Thanks in advance for any help.
············································································ a complete newby,

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2008-01-24 11:17
    Dadar -

Are you using the following compiler directive in your program:

' {$PBASIC 2.5}

If not, you need to add that, as the SELECT command is only recognized in PBASIC 2.5 and beyond, and not before that compiler level.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do;
    the fun is in having lots to do, and not doing it!
  • DadarDadar Posts: 4
    edited 2008-01-25 01:09
    Bruce,

····· Thanks for the suggestion...but I set· ' {$PBASIC 2.5} as a directive in·the program·and double checked it. Since this is a program in the "book" and published, I really believed more people would have ran into this problem.

··························································· Thanks for taking the time to reply,

······························································································· Dadar,
  • DadarDadar Posts: 4
    edited 2008-01-25 02:00
    Larry,
    Thank you, that did the trick. I will dissect and compare your program and see where I erred.

Thanks Again,
    Dadar,
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2008-01-25 16:04
    Sometimes a missing comma from a line will cause this error message.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·