Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
High power LED drives - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

High power LED drives

2»

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-01-25 19:38
    Graham,

Is the motion you're trying to capture repetitive (e.g. the beating wing of an anchored fly)? If so, could you synchronize the strobe to the motion, advance the phase gradually, and snap pictures at a more leisurely pace?

-Phil
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2008-01-26 10:02
    You can do tethered experiments but who knows how a fly reacts to being glued to something, would you walk normally glued to a stick? But it has been done with strobes and it is something I have considered as you can use a very high resolution camera. I have some record player pickups to use as a means of creating a trigger signal for the strobe which can then be phase shifted to create a sequence.

I've looked a little more at holography, there is certainly more potential than I ever realized:

1. You can produce images with a high depth of field, allowing you to create an image of a dynamic subject that can later be examined under the microscope looking at the full volume
    2. You get 3D information as you essentially capture the whole field
    3. There is potential for very high resolution
    4. You can do a sort of lens less imaging which may be great for high speed work

I'm still a little iffy on the whole thing but it sure is interesting.

Graham
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2008-01-26 12:18
    We are getting off topic I suppose but we must remember the prop cam might be used in some of these applications.

Just found out about digital holography:

www.lynceetec.com/downloads/ScientPubli/19991201_AO38_Cuche.pdf

Pretty sweet!

Graham