Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TV Out circuit — Parallax Forums

TV Out circuit

JimTheProgrammerJimTheProgrammer Posts: 44
edited 2008-01-18 01:50 in Propeller 1
Is their any documentation that has a circuit for adding a TV out RCA plug onto the Propeller Prototype board?

Comments

• simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2008-01-17 16:19
    Yup - it's in the Propeller Cookbook at ucontroller.com/Propeller%20Protoboard%20Designs%20for%20the%20Beginner.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offense at my writing style smile.gif
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2008-01-17 16:19
    Have a look at the demo board schematic.

Leon

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM
    Suzuki SV1000S motorcycle
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2008-01-17 16:47
    The RCA jack doesn't have a nice footprint that will fit into the 0.1"x0.1" grid on the protoboard. The SpinStudio module can be made to plug right in as Simonl pointed out. I'll even include the male connector to solder to the protoboard. and bonus! you'll get stereo audio out at the same time!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller!

SD card Adapter
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2008-01-17 17:09
    Or, just drill a couple of holes for the RCA jack.

Leon

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM
    Suzuki SV1000S motorcycle
  • hippyhippy Posts: 1,981
    edited 2008-01-17 17:56
    A lot of A/V equipment I have uses 3.5mm stereo jack for CVBS and mono audio. That just needs a 3.5mm jack to RCA jack cable and an occasional stereo female-to-female inter-link or just a 3.5mm jack to jack. All the 3.5mm jack sockets I have are pinned on a 0.1" grid.

I don't think there's a standard for A/V through 3.5mm jack but all my jack to RCA cables are Tip=Audio, Ring=Video, Sleeve=0V so that's what I've standardised on at the Propeller end.

As I don't use broadcast ( doesn't really work in the UK ) with CVBS generated on pins 12 to 14, pin 15 makes for a handy mono sound driver via PWM / RC as per the CookBook.
  • JimTheProgrammerJimTheProgrammer Posts: 44
    edited 2008-01-18 01:50
    I duplicated the circuit based on the one display in the demo board schematic. It works fine and thank you for the suggestions. Now to get this Parallax GPS to work with SPIN!