Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Experienced Propeller programmer needed! (Edit:Sorry one has been found) — Parallax Forums

Experienced Propeller programmer needed! (Edit:Sorry one has been found)

James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
edited 2008-01-11 16:30 in Propeller 1
Yep you guessed it, yet another person asking for a programmer.

But this will be a paid position. Why do I need one?

Well I started a fairly large project over a year ago and can't seem to ever get it finished. It's has nothing to do with ambition, it is the lack of time.

My partners and I are working to open a SMT assembly business, and it's taking all my time.

The person thinking about accepting the position should be educated in a variety of different items on the Propeller. Counters, PWM, SD card interfacing, communications, and math (better be good with math). The person should also be able to write a package from scratch. The integration of all the items will be critical. The use of other objects will be limited, for there are not many things in the project people have written objects.

The use of assembly is not necessarily required. Most of what needs to be done, should be possible with Spin. It would be nice if they had the ability (if the need arises).

A person with good circuit skills is also a plus. I'm sure there are mistakes currently on the prototype (3rd revision) and would like a second pair of eyes or different perspective.

I would prefer to have someone in the US or Canada to take the project. This is mainly because they will require the hardware. I'm not too keen on sending it overseas.

I have ask a few people and most have more on their plate than they can eat (at least for a while).

Payment can be royalties, trade for assembly work, cash, or a combination of all three.

This is my design, and will be owned by my company. The unit's will be sold to the public. They are not related to electronics building, or things of that nature.

If you are interested, and are willing to take on a project, PM me here.

James L
·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
James L

Partner/Designer
Lil Brother LLC (SMT Assembly Services)

Post Edited (James Long) : 1/11/2008 5:16:49 AM GMT

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2008-01-11 04:25
    I thank everyone who inquired about the programmer position.

Please don't be upset if you were not picked for the position. I tried to be fair about awarding the position to the person who I thought could handle the tasks involved with relative ease. This is not to say any of the people who inquired could not have handled the project.

I'm sure in the future I will have other projects that will require a programmer, and the current one may not want to take the project.

If you were not picked, please consider putting a good work in for the next open project we have.

Thanks all,

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L

Partner/Designer
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-01-11 09:18
    James, why do you say "Sorry,..."
    These are the well known letters an HR manager has to write - as any once bachelor smile.gif
  • James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2008-01-11 16:30
    deSilva said...
    James, why do you say "Sorry,..."
    These are the well known letters an HR manager has to write - as any once bachelor smile.gif
    Well.....this is a little different situation than at your job. Most people do this as a hobby, and are very passionate about it.

Because I'm inquiring on a hobby forum, there·may have been people who got excited, about using their hobby to generate an income. The let down may be disappointing.

I'm informing those, who may have wanted the current·position, know I have compassion for there feelings.

This may be a business I'm running, but I also know what it is like to never hear "thanks", "good job", or "sorry". (at work)

Just a different way to do things I guess.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L

Partner/Designer