Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NES Controller Connectors — Parallax Forums

NES Controller Connectors

Mike PopoloskiMike Popoloski Posts: 10
edited 2008-01-09 00:20 in Propeller 1
Does anyone know where I can find the NES controller connectors that come with the HYDRA? I've Google'd around a bit, and I can't seem to find them anywhere. I think it would be really cool if a controller kit was offered here at Parallax that contained two connectors and two controllers, for those people who don't wish to purchase the whole HYDRA system or want to make their own.

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-01-06 21:16
    I hit Ebay for the original NES controller connectors.. Cost around $6.00 with shipping and worked perfectly.
    Also, you'll find the same a good source for both original and newly manufactured controllers.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    A Living Propeller FAQ - The Propeller Wiki
    (Got the Knowledge? Got a Moment? Add something today!)

• JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2008-01-06 23:15
    What I did was pick up an NES four score (the Hydra dev kits didn't have the NES connectors on it) and harvested some from that. It does take a little work though to remove the connectors, but with some patience they work well. Also you don't have the guilt of killing an NES just for the connectors [noparse]:)[/noparse]

http://www.nesplayer.com/database/accessories/fourscore.htm
  • Mike PopoloskiMike Popoloski Posts: 10
    edited 2008-01-06 23:39
    OK, thanks for the help. It appears eBay is the way to go.
  • Parallel UniverseParallel Universe Posts: 46
    edited 2008-01-09 00:20
    I think I saw some NES extension cords on amazon.com. You can just cut them in half and get both connectors, but they won't exactly mount flat on a PC Board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔