Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bot with the Spin stamp — Parallax Forums

Boe Bot with the Spin stamp

edlikestoboogieedlikestoboogie Posts: 71
edited 2008-01-05 02:44 in Propeller 1
I just ordered a brand new older version boe bot. the serial version.. I didn't want to pay extra for the USB one.. Anyway.. I want to program my boe bot with a propeller.. How can I do this?? just buy a spin stamp and plug in it?? Its kind of expensive $50 for a prop!!!?? is there a cheaper solution? If not I will just bite the bullet and get the stamp.l

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-01-05 02:22
    Way back in the Completed Projects forum, I posted some pictures and a description of my Propeller BoeBot using a Protoboard. You can download BoeBotBasic from the Object Exchange and use that with either the Protoboard or a BOE with a Spin Stamp. You'll have to modify the clock constants to work with the Spin Stamp since it uses a 10MHz crystal instead of the 5MHz one of the Protoboard and has to use PLL8X instead of PLL16X to get an 80MHz clock. BoeBotBasic was originally developed using the Spin Stamp so it would work.
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2008-01-05 02:44
    Why not just use a Proto Board and replace the BOE all together. See mine here

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=691174

(this is the second time today I've got to show off my PropBot! turn.gif )

I made a small attachment board for my IR emitters and detectors and a speaker, but there's nothing stopping you from soldering those right to the Proto Board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller!

SD card Adapter