Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anyone else spinning the Ethernet drivers? — Parallax Forums

Anyone else spinning the Ethernet drivers?

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-12-31 22:29 in Propeller 1
I'm curious if anyone else has tinkered with Harrison's latest Ethernet drivers?

I'm doing a re-write on the Propeller-based BBS system to support 40x23 color text.
I have the Ethernet terminal working and am in the process of reworking the BBS side.

The "api_telnet_serial" code is nearly drop-in compatible with "Full_Duplex_Serial"

Anyone playing with this?

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook
Got an SD card? - PropDOS
A Living Propeller FAQ - The Propeller Wiki
(Got the Knowledge? Got a Moment? Add something today!)

Comments

• QuattroRS4QuattroRS4 Posts: 916
    edited 2007-12-31 14:30
    - I did a bit with it a few months back ..and come back to it every now and then .... had hoped that 'Image Craft' propeller C would have been here by now - as there is a lot of C based routines for the enc28j60 and I was going to look at porting the original Microchip C code .. but alas it has not appeared as of yet ..

Before I got an EasyProp from Franz Achatz I was using a dip based enc28j60 in breadboard ... the easyprop makes it a lot easier to play ... especially as I tend to drift in/out of the ethernet stuff. Have used XPort modules for propeller based customer applications ... simplicity in itself .. negatives are of course· 1) relative cost and 2)they are a bit power hungry .. not that the enc28j60 is a miser either ..

Harrison has done a great job ... have been playing with his latest code over the christmas.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    'Necessity is the mother of invention'

Post Edited (QuattroRS4) : 12/31/2007 2:38:35 PM GMT
  • mirrormirror Posts: 322
    edited 2007-12-31 22:29
    I don't use Harrisons driver. I rolled my own before I found out about his. But, I'm not trying to support TCP/IP, only UDP, ARP and Ping. The enc28J60 quite ok to work with and fast enough for the Propeller; you'd need to waste too many pins to make 100MHz Ethernet be of any benefit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔