Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Now that the new Parallax Web Store is Online... — Parallax Forums

Now that the new Parallax Web Store is Online...

Are you going to offer the P2 Eval accessory boards individually?

Would be nice to be able to buy just the ones you want, instead of a set with ones you don't need.

The boards that I would be using would be the Serial Host, Serial Device and Digital Video Out boards.

Projects made with either the P2Eval or KISS boards would benefit from the those boards being available as needed.

Comments

• I second the request for the accessories to be sold separately.
  • Roy Eltham wrote: »
    I second the request for the accessories to be sold separately.

And I am supplying a third for it. I just finished looking at the P2 Edge series. Nice ones. Jon you did a nice job on it. In fact I would be interested in two out of the three, plus a prototyping area.

---
    Mascot is offering a good thought for all.
  • Roy Eltham wrote: »

And I am supplying a third for it. I just finished looking at the P2 Edge series. Nice ones. Jon you did a nice job on it. In fact I would be interested in two out of the three, plus a prototyping area.

---

I "forth" this. I really want HDMI but don't need the other stuff.
  • octetta wrote: »
    Roy Eltham wrote: »

---

I "forth" this. I really want HDMI but don't need the other stuff.

Since the HDMI board looks passive, I found an alternative on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Female-Connector-Breakout-Board/dp/B07CBV8K2Y

Would still rather give Parallax $$$ whenever possible though.

-joe
  • I just found:
    "* Hidden debug interrupt for single-stepping, breakpoint, and polling"
    (https://www.parallax.com/propeller-2/ last item)

So does this mean that we can expect that a single-step debugger will be available in the near future?
    :smiley:
  • ManAtWork wrote: »
    I just found:
    "* Hidden debug interrupt for single-stepping, breakpoint, and polling"
    (https://www.parallax.com/propeller-2/ last item)

So does this mean that we can expect that a single-step debugger will be available in the near future?
    :smiley:
    Yes.
    I'm currently finishing V3 of my interactive debugger and hope to have a first release next week. :smiley:

• Yes, it's clear we need to offer these little boards individually. The engineers who designed it put them in a single panel, and our pick-n-place line is set up to build them in this ratio. They should've talked to me first :)

We have two choices to meet this request. I concur that it's got to be done.

We can re-panelize them 50-up on their own boards. This involves engineering time, stencils, PnP programming, BOM adjustments, yada yada. It's a lot of work and time - could easily cost us $10K to set it up.

Or, we can simply take our existing approach and parse them up into their own little bags for sale individually. For a while, this will work fine until you start to purchase the popular ones and we don't move the others. This is probably okay, because we can reduce costs on the less popular ones so they move in equal ratios. It might involve us increasing inventory for a while, until we figure it out -- but could very well be a cheaper solution than the option above (until a few years pass). Really, we're not here to make a profit on these boards - that should come from P2 chip sales and some of our bigger development boards.

We are putting more P2 Accessory Sets on the production line tomorrow and will have inventory shortly. Let me meet with Stephanie and see if we can sort this out.

Ken Gracey