Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ICYMI: Propeller Tool 2.3.0.0 Alpha — Parallax Forums

ICYMI: Propeller Tool 2.3.0.0 Alpha

JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,929
edited 2020-09-02 23:58 in Propeller 2
https://github.com/parallaxinc/Propeller-Tool/releases/tag/v2.3.0.0-Alpha

-- editor tabs identify device (after file save): P1 or P2
-- the F8 Object Info window is working (most of it, anyway)

Comments

• Thanks Jon. Sometimes these announcements do not come out in a timely manner with Parallax crew being at minimal.
  • Any plans to make this load over wifi (parallax wx esp8266) device?

That is the only reason I still use SimpleIDE or FlexGUI.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,929
    edited 2020-09-03 02:56
    Yes. Jeff and Michael talked about that during their presentation today.
  • PropGuy2PropGuy2 Posts: 358
    edited 2020-09-03 03:24
    There are lots of new features and commands in 2.3.0.0 - I am still finding some of these as I spent rewriting a bunch of code this afternoon. Not impossible to do conversions or updates, but challenging without docs or code examples. My new updated "P2 i/o Workbench'SPIN2" will be out in a couple of days with *working* examples of these and other features. There will also be some auxiliary add-on "winglet" PCBs for the P2 EVAL, and used for testing these code examples - VGA, Sound, ADC, maybe DAC, 4x4 touch keypad, real time clock DS1307 & DS3132, who knows! Free for the asking to forum members. These are milled isolation pad PCBs only, I make them in my shop. You buy the components and solder them up.

Examples ( correct if I am wrong ) include: the new F8 Object memory window now works. UDEC, SDEC, UHEX, SHEX, UBIN, SBIN appear to be new (not tested). Several new words / variables /constants are now defined. "sample" is one that I found and there are probably a lot of others. There appear to be a bunch of "reserved" words that have special uses - not the traditional *reserved* key word commands, perplexed...