Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question About TAQOZ's lsio WORD — Parallax Forums

Question About TAQOZ's lsio WORD

CJMJCJMJ Posts: 225
edited 2020-08-25 04:48 in Propeller 2
I've been experimenting with TAQOZ. The words '56 blink' make the [P56] LED on the P2EVAL board blink as expected. However, when I use the word 'lsio', pin 56 is shown as 'd' and it stops blinking and remains lit. Can someone explain this behavior? I didn't expect reading the pin's configuration to change the pin's behavior.

Comments

• lsio scans the i/o pins to see if they have a pullup or pulldown or nothing attached.
    To do this it needs to change the pins to an output to see if anything resists the state changes (which might indicate a pull up/down)

• Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-08-25 05:51
    lsio is a command level diagnostic word. You normally run diagnostics when it is safe to do so and shouldn't be surprised when you do run it otherwise. I could make a version of lsio that checked what other cogs were doing with that pin or whether it was in a smart pin mode etc, but then that's getting complicated. As it is, when I boot TAQOZ but before I run anything, then I can check if all is well.
  • lsio is a command level diagnostic word..... I could make a version of lsio that checked what other cogs were doing with that pin or whether it was in a smart pin mode etc, but then that's getting complicated. As it is, when I boot TAQOZ but before I run anything, then I can check if all is well.

Simpler is always better than complicated if it serves the same purpose. I am a simple man. Simple speaks to me. I prefer simple. Apparently I am in good company here.
  • I agree. I'm just taking notes on when and why certain words are used. In my previous life as an ISS Audio Communication subsystem engineer we had PBITs and APBITs. The MCC CATO could execute a PBIT at any time without disrupting audio communications, however, we had to take the ATUs or the IACs offline to run an ABIT as these tests would reset certain hardware. I'll mark lsio as an ABIT. Thanks.
    International Space Station (ISS)
    Passive Built-In Test (PBIT)
    Active Built-In Test (ABIT)
    Mission Control Center (MCC)
    Communications and Tracking Officer (CATO)
    Audio Terminal Unit (ATU)
    Internal Audio Controller (IAC)