Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
odd edit issue on the forums? — Parallax Forums

odd edit issue on the forums?

From my phone, I replied to post, quoting an earlier comment. Oddly, when quoting on my phone, the site used email-style ">" indentation instead of a bbcode quote block. Today, I sat down at my computer and updated my post to use bbcode instead. However, it seems that the post is permanently stuck in a "plaintext" mode, as none of the bbcode works. Is there a way to correct that? Also, is there a way to stop using email-style quoting on the mobile interface?

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-01-18 14:51
    Seairth wrote: »
    From my phone, I replied to post, quoting an earlier comment. Oddly, when quoting on my phone, the site used email-style ">" indentation instead of a bbcode quote block. Today, I sat down at my computer and updated my post to use bbcode instead. However, it seems that the post is permanently stuck in a "plaintext" mode, as none of the bbcode works. Is there a way to correct that? Also, is there a way to stop using email-style quoting on the mobile interface?

I just noticed the increased use of ">" when quoting. I thought it was people going back to old BBS day habits. This must be something to do with the mobile response.
    May have been a Vanilla forum software change. Will look into it.