I'm developing a P2 product that I hope can just work from an SD card, without the boot flash. Turns out there's a bit of work involved in getting all this to be nice and reliable.
Windows 10's formatter only offers exFAT for SD cards above 32 GB, so I thought I'd start a thread to cover SD wrangling tools people use to get by. Of course many cards already come in FAT32 out of the packet, but I've found sometimes a reformat is necessary to restore things.
Feel free to chime in with tools you've used (eg with rasp Pi), and what their caveats are. I'm curious what people on Mac/Linux use
SD Card Formatting
* Taqoz - P2! - Peter's extended Taqoz has a FAT32 formatter.
* "Format" - Windows 10) - Right click on drive from in explorer etc. 32 GB cards are the biggest it'll format with FAT32
* GUIFORMAT - Windows - runs under windows without installation. Also known as Fat32format?
* SD formatter - Windows/Mac - recommended to me by Jeff Martin. Sandisk/SD Association tool.
SD Image Burning
* Win32DiskImager - Windows - Used with Rasp Pi images. Whole drive image so takes a while to run. Don't like the proximity of 'device' to the image filename, could potentially confuse drives