TAQOZ - Tachyon Forth for the P2 BOOT ROM

1202122232426»

Comments

• I started a git repo : https://github.com/speccy88/TAQOZ/blob/master/docs/guide.md
    The goal of the repo was for everyone to contribute. Feel free to ask to become a collaborator or submit a pull request!

It would be nice to have a cheat sheet like that one : http://flashforth.com/ff5-sheet.pdf
  • FredBlaisFredBlais Posts: 367
    edited 2019-04-08 - 11:50:17
    @Peter Jakacki by the way, I started working on making a custom terminal for communication with Taqoz using Python prompt toolkit. It features word autocomplete, command history and I would like to support file sending.

It could be useful to switch to a mode where we can write a full line before sending to Taqoz. A typo can get frustrating if we hit space too fast.

What autocomplete looks like :
    https://python-prompt-toolkit.readthedocs.io/en/stable/_images/ptpython-2.png
  • @FredBlais - Yes, a cheat sheet as a quick reference would be great. There's also no reason why we can't drop into line edit mode with history backup for interactive use. The word by word compile is great for compilation speed but I think we can afford some memory for a text input buffer for interactive mode. I imagine that we could have history for the last ten lines easily. I think the reason that I'm holding off gitin is because while it will be good once we have several contributors, it is more of a bother for me in the meantime.

BTW, I've been using memory load mode with block mode compilation ( TAQOZ..END) where it saves all the text into upper RAM before processing it so it is much faster since there isn't any line delay necessary.

Tachyon Forth - compact, fast, forthwright and interactive
    useforthlogo-s.png
    --->CLICK THE LOGO for more links<---
    P2 +++++ TAQOZ INTRO & LINKS +++++ P2 SHORTFORM DATASHEET
    P1 +++++ Latest binary V5.4 includes EASYFILE +++++ Tachyon Forth News Blog
    Brisbane, Australia
  • MJBMJB Posts: 1,056
    The compact version of TAQOZ in ROM is mainly for hardware debugging but of course could also be used to program the prop without any other tools other than a terminal and perhaps an editor.

The TAQOZ in taking about is the extended version that will go on being extended. When i said it is not one of the P2 languages, i meant it is not mentioned officially. When i question the future of it, this had to do with how it is to be used. If i am the only one writing and documenting and using it then it doesn't make any sense to waste all that extra effort catering for users and trying to promote it.

I see that my commercial products will take up a lot of my time and i could just concentrate on that. Is anybody actually interested in using it? I see lots and lots of excitement over various languages but I'm primarily interested in what i can do with the P2.

Hi Peter,
    I am sitting here on the sideline watching until there is a P2D2 with motherboard from you (with Internet via WiZ5500/ESP32)
    ... with the final P2 on it until I will have HW to play with and being able to contribute.
    But no commercial projects from me.

My workhorse will still be P1+Tachyon for most things as this is powerful enough.

And as you I am really wondering how much is going on in the C-Threads and
    how few seem to pick up TaqOS for real work, as it is clearly the most
    powerful P2 programming environment to date.

People would not even be at the mercy of a compiler writer
    having access to the full TaqOS source - thank YOU
    being in FULL control of all there is happening.

• MJB wrote: »

Hi Peter,
    I am sitting here on the sideline watching until there is a P2D2 with motherboard from you (with Internet via WiZ5500/ESP32)
    ... with the final P2 on it until I will have HW to play with and being able to contribute.
    But no commercial projects from me.

My workhorse will still be P1+Tachyon for most things as this is powerful enough.

And as you I am really wondering how much is going on in the C-Threads and
    how few seem to pick up TaqOS for real work, as it is clearly the most
    powerful P2 programming environment to date.

People would not even be at the mercy of a compiler writer
    having access to the full TaqOS source - thank YOU
    being in FULL control of all there is happening.

Ditto, except maybe a commercial giant Australian crayfish aquaponics controller :wink: Yes I am raising blue claws.