p2 PEANUT IDE

I have the files, but I do not see a serial terminal. Where is it???
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
“You only live twice:
Once when you are born
And once when you look death in the face”

Comments

• Doesn't have one.
    I use the one from Prop Tool...
    Prop Info and Apps: http://www.rayslogic.com/
  • The prop tool works?? David told me it doesn't. How did you do that??
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
    “You only live twice:
    Once when you are born
  • pmrobertpmrobert Posts: 572
    edited 2018-12-22 - 23:53:38
    Go to the Parallax store, search on "serial terminal". You'll find Parallax Serial Terminal - that's what you want!
    https://parallax.com/downloads/parallax-serial-terminal
    The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
  • Thanks but how do I link the two??
    “You only live twice:
    Once when you are born
  • Why not use a proper full featured serial program? TeraTerm for Windows or I use minicom for Linux.

Tachyon Forth - compact, fast, forthwright and interactive
    useforthlogo-s.png
    --->CLICK THE LOGO for more links<---
    P2 +++++ TAQOZ INTRO & LINKS +++++ P2 SHORTFORM DATASHEET
    P1 +++++ Latest Tachyon includes EASYFILE +++++ Tachyon Forth News Blog
    Brisbane, Australia
  • I downloaded tera term but do not see an exe file. How do you start it??
    “You only live twice:
    Once when you are born
  • I use PST (Parallax Serial Terminal)
    For P1 * P2 programs, you need the program to have a delay of 5 seconds (can reduce later) to give you time to start/select PST after downloading your code.
    My Prop boards: P8XBlade2, RamBlade, CpuBlade, TriBlade
    Prop OS (also see Sphinx, PropDos, PropCmd, Spinix)
    Prop Tools (Index) , Emulators (Index) , ZiCog (Z80)
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 8,641
    edited 2018-12-23 - 01:17:56
    pilot0315 wrote: »
    I downloaded tera term but do not see an exe file. How do you start it??

It's a sad sad day when you can't unzip a zip file and launch the exe! I clicked the link, downloaded it, unzipped it and found "ttermpro.exe" in the folder.

Perhaps Windows is being "helpful" and hiding the file extension for you?

Tachyon Forth - compact, fast, forthwright and interactive
    useforthlogo-s.png
    --->CLICK THE LOGO for more links<---
    P2 +++++ TAQOZ INTRO & LINKS +++++ P2 SHORTFORM DATASHEET
    P1 +++++ Latest Tachyon includes EASYFILE +++++ Tachyon Forth News Blog
    Brisbane, Australia
  • pilot0315 wrote: »
    I downloaded tera term but do not see an exe file. How do you start it??

It's a sad sad day when you can't unzip a zip file and launch the exe! I clicked the link, downloaded it, unzipped it and found "ttermpro.exe" in the folder.

Perhaps Windows is being "helpful" and hiding the file extension for you?

might be.

Finally you got me, I am trying AGAIN to think the way of the forth. But having it on the P2 is simply amazing. I hope you can do that compressed dictionary and include a simple editor.

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.
    A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.
    Press any key to continue, any other key to quit

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 9,785
    edited 2018-12-23 - 03:11:37
    Me too

This might just bring up a new wave of people able to quickly bootstrap a new CPU quickly.

Seeing the moves going on right now suggests to me that skill may well prove more broadly useful that it may seem today.

(Custom CPUs are being deployed more frequently)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball! @opengeekorg ---> Be Excellent To One Another SKYPE = acuity_doug
    Parallax colors simplified: https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/123709/commented-graphics-demo-spin<br>
  • To Peter, I have never used anything like teraterm before. I simply asked how to get it started. Since this is new to me. Not everybody may be conversant in all applications. Do not expect everybody to instantly understand.
    Be patient!
    “You only live twice:
    Once when you are born