Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
p2 PEANUT IDE — Parallax Forums

p2 PEANUT IDE

I have the files, but I do not see a serial terminal. Where is it???

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,805
    Doesn't have one.
    I use the one from Prop Tool...
  • The prop tool works?? David told me it doesn't. How did you do that??
  • pmrobertpmrobert Posts: 669
    edited 2018-12-22 23:53
    Go to the Parallax store, search on "serial terminal". You'll find Parallax Serial Terminal - that's what you want!
    https://parallax.com/downloads/parallax-serial-terminal
  • Thanks but how do I link the two??
  • Why not use a proper full featured serial program? TeraTerm for Windows or I use minicom for Linux.
  • I downloaded tera term but do not see an exe file. How do you start it??
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    I use PST (Parallax Serial Terminal)
    For P1 * P2 programs, you need the program to have a delay of 5 seconds (can reduce later) to give you time to start/select PST after downloading your code.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2018-12-23 01:17
    pilot0315 wrote: »
    I downloaded tera term but do not see an exe file. How do you start it??

It's a sad sad day when you can't unzip a zip file and launch the exe! I clicked the link, downloaded it, unzipped it and found "ttermpro.exe" in the folder.

Perhaps Windows is being "helpful" and hiding the file extension for you?
  • pilot0315 wrote: »
    I downloaded tera term but do not see an exe file. How do you start it??

It's a sad sad day when you can't unzip a zip file and launch the exe! I clicked the link, downloaded it, unzipped it and found "ttermpro.exe" in the folder.

Perhaps Windows is being "helpful" and hiding the file extension for you?

might be.

Finally you got me, I am trying AGAIN to think the way of the forth. But having it on the P2 is simply amazing. I hope you can do that compressed dictionary and include a simple editor.

Mike
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,253
    edited 2018-12-23 03:11
    Me too

This might just bring up a new wave of people able to quickly bootstrap a new CPU quickly.

Seeing the moves going on right now suggests to me that skill may well prove more broadly useful that it may seem today.

(Custom CPUs are being deployed more frequently)

• To Peter, I have never used anything like teraterm before. I simply asked how to get it started. Since this is new to me. Not everybody may be conversant in all applications. Do not expect everybody to instantly understand.
    Be patient!