Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ActivityBot 360 Mod — Parallax Forums

ActivityBot 360 Mod

dr4x0ndr4x0n Posts: 5
edited 2018-06-08 03:57 in Customer Projects
I am a college student at North Seattle College in their Mechatronics program. I am about to finish up my first robotics course that utilized the ActivityBot 360. I have had a ton of fun with this class. Along the way I got a hold of a LED voltage panel that I decided to connect to my AB360 so that I could see what my voltage of my batteries were when I started using the servos a lot. I used an old toggle switch to wire it into the main power connection under the board. It looks pretty cool and it rather functional.

oiS5C0z.jpg
7bGosOZ.jpg
fYe8MvM.jpg
1QX0BPA.jpg

dr4x0n

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    It does look cool. Nice neat wiring and good placement of the readout.
  • Thanks.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Neat work!
  • Thanks!
  • Man, that's cool!
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    Cool project. It's great to have that information readily available too; sometimes a robot will act "unexpected" with low voltage. :)
  • That's pretty sweet! It looks good on the bot and would make a great little project for learning too.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    If you're in Seattle and into Robotics, connect with Carol Hazlett and her club. She runs Robothon in October.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    I'm also a fan of having an onboard DVM. I favor 3-wire types which can read down to 0 volts. Besides monitoring battery voltage, they can display sensor voltages (first video) and in a pinch they can be used as a digital display (second video).

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    dr4x0n wrote: »
    Along the way I got a hold of a LED voltage panel that I decided to connect to my AB360...

Ordered four of these today - great idea and very clean installation!