The Wheeler Jump.

2»

Comments

• potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2018-02-14 20:43
    LOLWTFGTGBRB [r1], r1
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Ha!

My boy tried that on me some years ago, thinking he would confound his stupid old dad. I replied:

SNERT

He got a bit angry about that!

The new generation could probably handle assembly language programming if we used emoji instead.

• ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    cwyw wwpfy is another nice instruction
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    ErNa,
    cwyw wwpfy is another nice instruction
    I did not know they ever designed an assembly language in Wales :)

ynkwiigf is an instruction that leads to 42
  • ErNa wrote: »

Shouldn't that be ynkwiigtd ?

• My dad was a route salesman for an industrial supply company. He had a tie clasp that said YCDBSOYA. When I was very young, he would not tell me what it stood for. See if you can figure it out. :)

-Phil
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,921
    edited 2018-02-16 00:22
    Of course, the other way to do it (even lower tech) is to have a return jump address table in your program ROM and use an address in RAM to store the desired return address index before you jump.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Rayman wrote: »
    Of course, the other way to do it (even lower tech) is to have a return jump address table in your program ROM and use an address in RAM to store the desired return address index before you jump.

Ah jump tables. Brings back memories of entering my first monitor program in hex to burn into the 1702's on my first 8080 system. What fun.
    ErNa wrote: »

Shouldn't that be ynkwiigtd ?
    you never know, what it is good for. Now this playing with characters only makes sense for those familiar with a language and current or previous use. So he can correlate his own thinking. Indeed, it synchronizes brains. The P2 was a good idea on the first glance, but when it run to hot, someone has do do a cut and start over. That was hard, it includes insight into the own limitations, but by including the community we now come to an happy end. In Germany we used to say dbddhkpsav. Hardly the youngsters understand the meaning. And we don't know the actual replacement. 20 times this year you were caught in the loop of ignorance and I see no way out. My only Quantum of Solace is to see, that lifting restrictions can lead to the chapter 10 of a manufacturer, that should be supported. I belive, that people around the world are looking to the US to see the outcome of the P-adventure and in one or another way, me and my friends both hope for a new propeller and a deeper insight, wiigf to be a leader in technology. And, I suffered from Bill Gates success, but I'm happy he is acting smart, responsible and without any scandal. To be not victim of politics you have to be political, not political correct! Descartes changed the world as he realized, that he can not for sure state, if he is asleep because he can dream to dream. So he said: I doubt, that is I think, that is I am. The modern version is MATRIX. GNU stands for self determination and freedom. Not GUN. GNU is a convertion that should trigger the most simple mind. The-erna-jump.

• My dad was a route salesman for an industrial supply company. He had a tie clasp that said YCDBSOYA. When I was very young, he would not tell me what it stood for. See if you can figure it out. :)

-Phil
    You Can't Do Business Sitting on Your Smile ?

dnalor wrote: »
    My dad was a route salesman for an industrial supply company. He had a tie clasp that said YCDBSOYA. When I was very young, he would not tell me what it stood for. See if you can figure it out. :)

-Phil
    You Can't Do Business Sitting on Your Smile ?

Perhaps a bit outdated in the internet age.
  • kwinn wrote:
    Perhaps a bit outdated in the internet age.
    Kwinn, put that coffee down! Coffee is for closers!

-Phil

(I hope you get the reference. :) )
    Surprisingly it rings a bell. From an old movie about selling real estate IIRC.
  • Real estate, or aluminum siding?
    Jim
  • Aluminum siding was from the movie Tin Men, made somewhat later but set in about the same era as Glengarry.
  • Got it. Mixed the two movies up in my brain. Flash must be wearing out!
    Jim