Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BlocklyProp tutorial posted: RFID Scan and Store in EEPROM — Parallax Forums

BlocklyProp tutorial posted: RFID Scan and Store in EEPROM

http://learn.parallax.com/tutorials/language/blocklyprop/rfid-scan-and-store-eeprom-project

Introduces the simple concept of reading and writing data to the Propeller's EEPROM with Blockly, using RFID.

You'll also see the FLiP module in there, too! I think everybody will be interested in what that's all about.

Ken Gracey

Comments

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,910
    edited 2017-03-17 14:25
    Cool.

Note: The circuit diagram shows a 2.2K resistor in the serial path. I tend to use 3.3K or higher with 5v inputs. The Activity Board uses 3.9K (limits current through pin protection diodes to 50% of max rating). I would suggest changing that to 4.7K as it's a common value that experimenters tend to have in their kits.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-03-17 14:42
    Gee..We are not supposed to get political on the forums. :)
  • JonnyMac wrote: »
    Cool.

Note: The circuit diagram shows a 2.2K resistor in the serial path. I tend to use 3.3K or higher with 5v inputs. The Activity Board uses 3.9K (limits current through pin protection diodes to 50% of max rating). I would suggest changing that to 4.7K as it's a common value that experimenters tend to have in their kits.

Absolutely. We can do that, Jon. I'll add that to a list of small changes we're making to that example. - Ken Gracey