Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Leaving Home/Changing socks — Parallax Forums

Leaving Home/Changing socks

Every time I leave home, something like this happens. For days, not even a cricket around here.
I leave for one day and we now have not one P2... but an entire family of P2's. Maybe I should leave home and not come back.

On the other hand I didn't change my socks today... that could be the key!!!

Note to self: "do not change socks again."

Comments

• To me this seems like betting on a horse to win a race when the horse hasn't even been born yet ... Lets get the P2 done before we spawn an entire family. Parallax doesn't have the resources for this type of adventure. Not yet anyway.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    Beau,

I'm too giddy right now. I just love the idea of $260 adapters to industry and $16 to forum members.

What is the most frequent complaint about the P1? No versions. "More ram, fewer cogs, more cogs... etc. etc. etc. blah, blah, blah blah blah"

At least we won't have to listen to that any more...

...And there is nothing to say that the entire family doesn't get stuck in a TSA line for a year or two. Except for daddy, who paid his fee to get out of jail.

Good plans rarely survive first contact. It's a great plan... something for Ken to get his teeth into... and he will:)

Rich
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    To me this seems like betting on a horse to win a race when the horse hasn't even been born yet ... Lets get the P2 done before we spawn an entire family. Parallax doesn't have the resources for this type of adventure. Not yet anyway.

It's called a Road Map. and many vendors have them...
    Nothing to do with Horses.

• rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    IF Ken weren't just as smart as Chip, there might be a problem. Ken is uniquely situated to filter through the options.
    It is a good day... filled with questions (most of which actually have answers).

The nice thing is that every stated concern comes from a group... all of whom really care about Parallax and wish only the best. It is a win-win-win for everyone. The niche just got larger, but not so large that anyone is going to feel threatened by it... it's the Parallax way. It will work.

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    rjo__ wrote: »
    Every time I leave home, something like this happens. For days, not even a cricket around here.
    I leave for one day and we now have not one P2... but an entire family of P2's. Maybe I should leave home and not come back.

On the other hand I didn't change my socks today... that could be the key!!!

Note to self: "do not change socks again."

When I was working with Scenix on the SX chip, their engineers were all from Hong Kong. The lead guy had a big mole on his chin with a 2-inch wirey whisker growing out of it. He wasn't going to cut it until the project was done. It was for good luck.
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,108

molechef.jpg

Oh no, it could be years yet! :-D
    150 x 208 - 25K