Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropellerIDE 0.30.0 Released - projectview, propman, packthing, propterm, memorymap - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

PropellerIDE 0.30.0 Released - projectview, propman, packthing, propterm, memorymap

2»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2015-04-27 15:49
    Works on Windows 8.1. Haven't had time to give it a good workout but I did compile a program or two.
  • wackyvorlonwackyvorlon Posts: 2
    edited 2015-04-29 18:15
    I wanted to thank you for your work on this! It's nice to have a new IDE with better support for Spin.
  • Brett WeirBrett Weir Posts: 288
    edited 2015-04-30 04:45
    evanh wrote: »
    Nice replies. Very informative, thanks. I'm looking forward to release 0.40. :)

PS: I'm wary of integrating with Ubuntu 14.10 packages so I'm going to leave it for now.

You're welcome! :)

Ah, yes, you're right to be wary. Using 14.04 packages in the Travis build environment (12.04) is a mess. I would just include the Qt binaries in the release, but that guarantees that it will never pass Lintian to be accepted as a Debian package. If I can make packthing support this, I may add an option for a "standalone" build that would include the Qt binaries, so that there can be a repository package and a free-for-all debian package. =P
    edited 2015-04-30 04:46
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Works on Windows 8.1. Haven't had time to give it a good workout but I did compile a program or two.

Sounds good. Thanks for trying it out. :)
    edited 2015-04-30 04:47
    I wanted to thank you for your work on this! It's nice to have a new IDE with better support for Spin.

I appreciate the feedback. Your comments are what keep me motivated. :)
  • david314david314 Posts: 6
    edited 2015-05-02 01:54
    Very nice work, Brett. Have been testing the IDE on Ubuntu 15.04 and it works quite nice. One thing though: Could you automatically check if the user is in the group "dialout" and warn if he is not? Just spent several hours trying to download something with propman and the IDE before realizing my mistake... m(
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    edited 2015-05-03 07:11
    david314 wrote: »
    One thing though: Could you automatically check if the user is in the group "dialout" and warn if he is not?
    Or better - check the group of the device in /dev/, and warn if the user is not in that group. Because it'll be 'dialout' in some distros and some other group in other distros. And some distros, or setups, will instead have the device set up as root.root but with world writable access, and in that case the user does not need to be in the group (and should of course not be in the root group in any case).

-Tor
    edited 2015-05-08 20:12
    david314 wrote: »
    Very nice work, Brett. Have been testing the IDE on Ubuntu 15.04 and it works quite nice. One thing though: Could you automatically check if the user is in the group "dialout" and warn if he is not? Just spent several hours trying to download something with propman and the IDE before realizing my mistake... m(
    Tor wrote: »
    Or better - check the group of the device in /dev/, and warn if the user is not in that group. Because it'll be 'dialout' in some distros and some other group in other distros. And some distros, or setups, will instead have the device set up as root.root but with world writable access, and in that case the user does not need to be in the group (and should of course not be in the root group in any case).

-Tor

I like this idea. At some point, I could probably go a step further and PropellerIDE could itself request to make the permission change for you.
  • RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,818
    edited 2015-05-14 04:42
    Propeller IDE 0.30.0 for Windows 7, when I do a 'RUN', I get an error: "Could not start ...\p1load.exe". I checked the PropellerIDE folder, and I did not find any file that is labeled p1load.exe. Am I supposed to download that from someplace else?

Ray
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-05-14 05:29
    Rsadeika wrote: »
    Propeller IDE 0.30.0 for Windows 7, when I do a 'RUN', I get an error: "Could not start ...\p1load.exe". I checked the PropellerIDE folder, and I did not find any file that is labeled p1load.exe. Am I supposed to download that from someplace else?

Ray

From Post#1
    p1load.exe has been replaced with propman.exe, so if you have a previous installation, you will have to change the loader path to propman.exe.
    edited 2015-05-14 05:49
    Yes, that was an interesting post. I just uninstalled Propeller IDE for Windows, downloaded and installed the latest version of Propeller IDE for Windows, did a 'RUN', and still get the error: "Could not start ...\p1load.exe". So, is the old version of Propeller IDE for Windows install leaving some files behind after a Windows uninstall is being done? If so, do I have to re-format my hard drive now :-)?

Ray
  • fridafrida Posts: 155
    edited 2015-05-14 07:06
    Do as I:
    pic2-0.25 is for version 0.25
    pic6-0.30 is for version 0.30
    609 x 424 - 24K
    609 x 424 - 28K
  • fridafrida Posts: 155
    edited 2015-05-14 10:41
    Well I have a little problem.
    When I use version 0.25, my project compiles to 9028 bytes, and all look allright.
    When I use version 0.30, my project compiles to 9024 bytes, and will not work satisfying.
    It is a test of a sht11, temp and humidity.
    pic1 to 4 is version 0.25 and pic 5 to 10 is version 0.30
    In both versions I have to exchange FloatString.spin. because, I use a function, that is not in the install.
    It is on ubuntu 15.04 and on mint 17.1 that it happens.
    On mint 17.1, when I open the terminal, it start up in ttyS4, even it says USB0.
    I prefer how the terminal works in version 0.25.
    609 x 424 - 28K
    642 x 333 - 35K
    761 x 492 - 19K
    802 x 627 - 91K
    761 x 492 - 13K
    502 x 317 - 41K
    609 x 424 - 24K
    572 x 443 - 53K
    802 x 627 - 23K
    409 x 484 - 51K
  • JDatJDat Posts: 103
    edited 2015-05-14 12:05
    Wow!

Version 0.30.0. Looks great! Same shortcuts as in original Propeller tools. Terminal and classic themes looks great. Fantastic! I definitely will test after an hour for my latest project.

Sugesstion (idea what came today): Is it possible to launch custom script (shell command) on specific events. For example On SPIN file open, save, colse. IDE open, close. Probably could be usefull for automation. For example: I am opening PropellerIDE and script automatically sync my source code with internet (download from Github or similar), network drive/USB etc. The same on save. when saving or closing latest source automatically will sync. This is simple with console tools. It would be great that PropellerIDE automatically can call right shell script.
    edited 2015-05-15 11:10
    I just noticed that, on the Windows version, as I am working on a program, when I do a 'RUN', then when I make a change to my program, a new file gets opened up. At one point I kept doing what I was doing and I noticed there were six new tabs with the same file name. Is there a setting in preferences to turn that off?

Ray
    edited 2015-05-15 11:48
    Man I am starting get some really strange behavior with Propeller IDE. For the heck of it I created a program using the code from the manual to blink an LED using PASM, and it does not work as expected, the LED on the QS just stays on. Now the problem is that even the use of Spin in SimpleIDE is messed up, it keeps coming up with an error: "Blank Simple Project was not found." So, I have to go back to the Propeller Tool for the duration?

Ray
  • ratronicratronic Posts: 1,451
    edited 2015-05-19 18:28
    I have not tried v0.30.0 but I can say PropellerIDE 0.30.1 works on Windows and I finally got PropellerIDE 0.30.1 to start for the Raspberry Pi 2.

On the Windows version while the program is running the volume control on my keyboard stops working. I need to work on the RPi to get the

program to load to the Propeller.
  • I tested version 0.30.1 on windows 7.
    These are my observations so far:

- If an error occurs during compilation (F8, F9), a new tab is opened every time, instead of displaying the error in the open tab.
    - When you press the enter key after a comment at the end of a line, a new comment line is generated. To write new code you have to hit backspace until you are at the beginning of the line.
    - In DAT-Section: Bytes between strings are colored like a string e.g. TESTDAT BYTE $0D,$0A,"String",$0D,$0A,"String",0"
    - Code suggestion/auto-completion do not work!? e.g. with pressing the point after the object name only a empty box appears.
    f560114db78d81f6c56a5ea2a981d3.jpg
    - Save as at a new file opens the file dialog in programmfolder on one computer, system32 at an other computer instead the last used folder.
    - A doubleclick on a spin-file opens it in a new PropellerIDE with all the opened tabs of the already opened PropellerIDE instead in a new tab only or a PropellerIDE with only this file.

And it would be nice, if you could select another installation path (not in program files) or at least a different folder for the libraries. A second library path would also be a possibility. Editing files in the programmfolder of Windows 7 is not good idea. These files are then saved in some virtual folder.
    509 x 286 - 39K