Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID Reader Software (VB.NET) - Page 6 — Parallax Forums

RFID Reader Software (VB.NET)

12346»

Comments

• fbcfbc Posts: 2
    edited 2012-09-20 10:08
    Is there anyone making attendance or access control software using this unit? I have one sitting here idle because I couldn´t find software for it. At least something to log the entries.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2012-10-01 09:58
    One of the first replies in this thread gave an example of using a database to store tag information and look them up. That may be a good place to start, but you will almost certainly need to build a custom application. Of course, if someone has something close you may be able to modify their project.
  • fbcfbc Posts: 2
    edited 2012-10-23 10:55
    I need someone to modify the existing VB app to write to a MYSQL table the CARD ID and a timestamp. Please contact me at barcenas.francisco@gmail.com . Thanks.
  • MaiyaKMaiyaK Posts: 1
    edited 2013-02-05 07:03
    I was wondering if it would be possible to translate the results that you get from the first example into an excel document? How would I go about doing that?
    edited 2013-02-05 09:14
    There are actually several ways this could be done, however it is beyond the scope of me describing each method. Instead I will mention a few and you can do a Google search for tutorials on these methods. I did a quick search and they're all out there. All involve making changes to the source code.
    • Create a grid view and export that to an Excel spreadsheet.
    • Create a database and export the data from the database to the Excel spreadhseet.
    • Export the data directly into cells in an Excel file.
    • Export to a TXT file or .CSV file and import that into Excel.
    As I said, there are many ways to get the daya into Excel, but the mail thing is there are tons of tutorials and code examples to do the above items. They're generic and have nothing to do with RFID, but could easily be implemented since the data portion doesn't care what the data is.
  • willijer001willijer001 Posts: 1
    edited 2013-02-17 15:09
    Hello everyone
    I have problem with the software every time I start it up.
    can anyone offer someone advice
    rfid problem.png
    451 x 373 - 48K
    edited 2013-02-19 14:29
    If I had to guess I would say you don't have all the .net framework installed. Do you have all windows updates installed, including the optional .net framework components?
  • DiegoBDiegoB Posts: 2
    edited 2013-05-14 09:25
    Hi mr Chris

The programming is not my strong point. you could help me with an application that simulates a keyboard?.
    To create listings IDs in Excel for example.
    Thank you very much for your help if possible

excuse me, my english isnt very good.
    edited 2013-05-14 12:20
    Diego,

I cannot help you with any custom code, however someone else on here may have some code that does something like that or you can Google for VB.NET code examples for specific things. I have found many code examples in this manner.
  • MarkDonnyMarkDonny Posts: 1
    edited 2013-10-07 12:12
    hi,

looking for someone to help me with my problem about RFID reader that can be read through visual basic 2010.. if anyone could, it would be a big help..
    im currently using this kind of RFID reader (http://www.e-gizmo.com/KIT/RFID CARD READER.html)

tnx a lot..
  • bhavesh1631993bhavesh1631993 Posts: 2
    edited 2013-10-13 08:58
    Hey I want tje source code..Please give me..my emil id id
    Bhavesh1631993@gmail.com
  • bhavesh1631993bhavesh1631993 Posts: 2
    edited 2013-10-14 01:05
    i need the source code of your project.

my email id : bhavesh1631993@gmail.com
    edited 2013-10-14 15:59
    bhavesh1631993, the source code to this project is attached to the first post if that is what you're asking for.
  • twostartwostar Posts: 1
    edited 2013-10-18 10:01
    Chris,
    I've spent the last couple of hours perusing the forums trying to find that definative solution to the RFID Read/Write board (the black one) with little success. The board is currently connected to my PC thru a SparkFun FTDI basic(5v) and I can turn the Green LED to Red with the "!RW" command from "Realterm", but that's as far as I get - it won't read. Chris, I've tried your VB program with no luck. I'm much more familiar with Aurduino so I've tried several code examplse on an UNO, unfortunately also without any luck.

Is the SF FTDI Basic an acceptable interface? Is there any way to use your VB software with the "Black board"?

Help!
    edited 2013-10-18 14:17
    Hello,

The key element here is you're trying to use the software for the RFID Reader Module (#28340 or #28140) with the RFID R/W Module (#28440). This software was written long before the R/W Module was available and is not compatible. On this site though in my Blog area I have posted an example VB Application that allows you to test the RFID R/W Module on your PC and goes into the theory behind talking to it. You can find that blog entry here: http://forums.parallax.com/entry.php/1621-Talking-to-the-Parallax-RFID-R-W-Module-from-your-PC
  • jayashreejayashree Posts: 1
    edited 2014-02-05 09:58
    hi can you help me with some source of codes.. you said you are willing to pm your (vb solution) can you please send me .. ? i just need it so badly for school defense .. i really don't know how to connect my rfid to my vb.net system.. hope you can help .. here's my ym account.. alija_louise28@yahoo.com..
    edited 2014-02-05 16:04
    The source code is attached to the beginning of this thread, unless you mean some other code.
  • dxtremist13dxtremist13 Posts: 1
    edited 2014-05-17 09:44
    I’m attaching a couple of screenshots of what the application looks like when running. The first picture is of the application when it is first run. The second one is after the COM Port has been opened. The last one is after reading 4 tags from the sampler kit. Enjoy!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support

rfid readinng.jpg

helo sir, i need your help! i followed your codes, but i'm having trouble getting the right result. on the screen shot, those are the reading that I got from 1 CARD. what do you think is the problem sir? need answers badly! thank you very much... I appreciate you sharing your teachings here!
    370 x 331 - 114K
    edited 2014-05-19 12:00
    There really isn't enough information here to offer any kind of help. We have three RFID modules, which one do you have? How is it connected? How is it powered? Did you modify the code? From the screenshot it appears you did. What modifications did you make to the code? This is the minimum information required to help you.
  • nanangnanang Posts: 1
    edited 2016-02-18 19:33
    Hello Mr.Chris Savage
    i need your help ,,
    how to encrypt RFID tag/card in VB.Net code
    please help me and send the source code by my email : nanang*********
    Thank You Sir
  • My output is something like this ???>?????

i have a code but i don't know where can i get this:

CARD.OpenComPort(SerialPort1, System.IO.File.ReadAllText("RFID.ini").Split("=").Last.ToString)
    286 x 290 - 8K
    edited 2016-02-18 21:02
    nanang, I do not reply to forum posts via email and I would recommend against posting your email address in a public forum (I have removed your email address from the post). You should follow up on forum posts in the thread you started so that everyone can benefit from the information and the progress can be tracked. That said, we do not write custom code for customers and send it to them. We do provide example code for you to modify for your application. This is something you can do and/or ask for assistance here. But you will need to follow up here for that assistance or contact an authorized consultant.

elbren, I'm not sure what you're asking. What is the screen shot showing? Is this a result of modifying the example? If so what did you change? That line of code you posted doesn't look familiar as part of the original source I posted.
  • AlexMarcAlexMarc Posts: 1
    edited 2017-08-04 08:02
    Goodmorning,

is there anyone here yet?

I need a easy RFID Reader/Writer and I saw Parallax products.

I use VB.NET and the source code that I found here is very fine!
    I haven't bought it yet, because I want to see if I can use the product.

About reader, I saw there's also USB connection, so I think there's no problem to use source code into this discussion connecting the reader by USB.

But I haven't seen anything about the writer.

Could someone help me posting maybe a link where find something about it?

I need 2 things please:

- If there's no way to find a writer USB, how to connect the Reader/writer
    - A link or the code to write by VB.NET

Thank you

EDIT: maybe I wrong something... Surfing on the net, I saw every rfid has already a code.
    Is it right?
    If yes, is it really univocal?

For example, If I need 1000000 of them, every rfid tags are different?

Because if yes, I don't need the writer, but I have to be sure every rfid code are univocal and different, otherwise I need to write by myself an univocal code
    Thanks
  • I some how can't access the links in the first post!

"The RFID Reader is connected to the PC using the schematics provided at this link.· The specific schematics are the transistor-based and MAX232 based plans (both use the DTR line for /ENABLE control).· Of course, for those who wish to use our RFID Reader in PC-based applications we will also be releasing a USB version soon."

I will need a new link to the specific schematics:
    I will also need what micro chips are you using and the version number so i can some how find them to try out this project for my self.

I was able to download the vb source code files.

Thanks!